all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Do Kettlebell "People" Wear Long Pants in the Gym?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Depending on the client/situation, I wear long pants (actually rock climbing pants, they are perfect - thin, resilient, flexible) when coaching/teaching. With some clients I'll wear shorts.

When training, 100% wearing shorts

LOL!

When I go to the gym (which is rare - I mostly train at home), I usually wear those hideous gray sweat pants old men are notorious for. If my legs were tanned, I'd wear shorts.

I don't think there are enough "kettlebell people" in my area for anyone to have observations about them at all, let alone their choice of lower body fashion.

Shorts most of the time.

When I teach workshops usually 3/4 pants if it's hot in the venue, pants when I don't worry about the heat

Leggings, of course... You guys are missing out.
I would like to offer a dissenting opinion.

My thought, every time I see a woman in leggings, is, “If I want to know that much about what your a$$ looks like, I’ll ask you for a date.” Most if the time it’s just way too much information for me. Let’s leave a little to the imagination, please.

No doubt my age is showing, but leggings is only one of several modern fashion trends I don’t care for. Buying new clothes that look like old clothes, e.g., blue jeans with holes already “worn” in them, is another.

My mother, may she Rest In Peace, and I were walking together in my town not too long before she passed away, and after we passed a woman wearing a sweater with holes at the shoulders, my mother said, “It’s a shame she couldn’t afford the whole sweater.” I’m with her.

-S-

My thought, every time I see a woman in leggings, is, “If I want to know that much about what your a$$ looks like, I’ll ask you for a date.” Most if the time it’s just way too much information for me. Let’s leave a little to the imagination, please.

No doubt my age is showing, but leggings is only one of several modern fashion trends I don’t care for. Buying new clothes that look like old clothes, e.g., blue jeans with holes already “worn” in them, is another.

My mother, may she Rest In Peace, and I were walking together in my town not too long before she passed away, and after we passed a woman wearing a sweater with holes at the shoulders, my mother said, “It’s a shame she couldn’t afford the whole sweater.” I’m with her.

-S-
Don't knock it till you've tried it @Steve Freides ?

No doubt my age is showing, but leggings is only one of several modern fashion trends I don’t care for.
Point taken! But they do work really well for kettlebell training.

I would imagine you're on the side of the female athletes (volleyball players, gymnasts, etc.) who are advocating for less revealing required attire. I wholeheartedly agree.

Shorts and long socks!!! Trained like that when I started crossfit and never looked back since then.

My imagination isn't very good, so I prefer to leave as little to it as possible.

Last edited:

Totally agree. That being said, you’d really, really hate living at my beach.

My thought, every time I see a woman in leggings, is, “If I want to know that much about what your a$$ looks like, I’ll ask you for a date.” Most if the time it’s just way too much information for me.
I'm with you this time Steve ROFL

I wear shorts. The one I get from cheap soccer uniforms.

Leggings might be the most comfortable thing I've trained in. Comfortable for me that is; uncomfortable for anyone who has to see me in them. I don't look much better in shorts but at least I feel 'decent'.

I also have the standard issue grey sweatpants (see my forum avatar) but I reserve those for when the weather's colder.

I have always trained alone, but I think I have found the best solution.

I wear bathing trunks that have a solid spandex liner and a polyester shell. On the inside, it is all comfort. But, the party stays in my pants and is not visible from the outside. It also dries really quickly, and it fits tight enough that I don't get tangled up in my pants on a back swing.

I'm in team leggings and compression underwear as well, but I wear running shorts over them to hide the sensitive areas. Anyway, most of my clothes has tears from all the 2H swing friction in the hike pass, it's annoying but I didn't find anything better yet.

Nothing allows more freedom of movement than undies
F yeah, that's how we do it in Quebec.
Home is where no pants needed.
Compression undies sometimes, on heavy sessions.

Btw, does somebody have explanation, why the heck anything that slightly resembles military, became "tactical"? Tactical pants, shorts, knives, hats, haircut, animal harnesses, watches, wallets, what not...

F yeah, that's how we do it in Quebec.
Home is where no pants needed.
Compression undies sometimes, on heavy sessions.

Btw, does somebody have explanation, why the heck anything that slightly resembles military, became "tactical"? Tactical pants, shorts, knives, hats, haircut, animal harnesses, watches, wallets, what not...
Yeah man, Roger that and Whiskey Tango Foxtrot ? TARFU for sure.

Two possible reasons I can think of.

First, civilian marketing fluff to create an association with the kind of rugged, high quality, and/or high tech stuff that special operations soldiers or SWAT team members might rely on, and to create a general association with badassery.

Second, as a catchall term for all the professions and types of duty that might require such clothing and equipment. "Tactical" is just a general shorthand for the whole military/law enforcement/emergency response sphere (and market).

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom