all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Do you remember your first time?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)

Jeff Roark

Level 6 Valued Member
My first time with stones ended up with my forearms covered in bruises for a few weeks.

They are a lot of fun... But sandbags and log are what have my attention right now.
I could kick myself. I had some awesome logs that I could have worked into something but I burned them. I've got a nice keg that I'll throw into the mix too.

I like the natural stones much better than the atlas stone though. I think I'd get bored with the atlas stone after a bit. With the natural stones I can always find something heavier and with a different shape. But, right now I have all that I can handle.

scilla

Level 6 Valued Member
Forty seven years ago- I was 18- I made friends with a granite stone. It could roughly weigh 30 kg. I cleaned it to my right and left shoulders. I once did 300 reps to each shoulder (600 total).
I trained with this stone for many months. I did push ups and ran for 30 minutes to one hour after that.
This training helped me when I had to work in the docks as a stevedore.
I remember how beaten my hands were the first time. Burning deep to the bone.
I also knew that I had fallen in love with this type of training.

Top Bottom