all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Do your bottoms up getups for tension and stability

Adachi

Level 7 Valued Member
Incentives are important

Haha! I’ve been doing bottoms up TGU for a few weeks trying to strengthen my left shoulder. Loving them. Managed 1 x 20kg each side this morning. Usually do paused 12’s then 16’s, but felt strong and the 20 went pretty well. Regular TGUs do good things for me

I love beer too so I might work on that lol

Last edited:
Tried it this morning. I did one shaky one with a 12kg but then when I tried to film it, I’d fail haha. I did actually manage to stand up, but forgot to take a sip before going down, and dropped as I went to my knee. It’s morning here so I didn’t drink the beer, but it’s a public holiday here in Australia so this afternoon it’s a guarantee I’ll try it haha. More incentive to get it

It’s a bit of a novelty but quite fun too.

Hope that worked. I forgot to lower it to the rack, open it and have a sip. It was morning though. Quite hard but kind of fun. Will try again.

I only do half getups, but i may add full getups in, as you can see my bad knee is weak in certain positions. To be honest i was concentrating on balancing the can so much i didnt brace at all.

Hope that worked. I forgot to lower it to the rack, open it and have a sip. It was morning though. Quite hard but kind of fun. Will try again.

I only do half getups, but i may add full getups in, as you can see my bad knee is weak in certain positions. To be honest i was concentrating on balancing the can so much i didnt brace at all.
Solid effort! Just as well you didn't have a sip anyway mate, looked like a XXXX can! ;)

Yes .. I can do a 40kg TGU but only a 16kg BU TGU.

Huge respect to a few monsters who can do 40kg BU presses or crazy BU TGU feats !!
It seems to be just like normal TGU progression, a few weeks of regular 12kg Bup, I could do 16kg Bup, last week I managed a 20kg Bup. I have only just worked up to standard grip with 32kg. I do them in some form regularly.

40kg!! Damn

Back
Top Bottom