all posts post new thread

Off-Topic DOD Adds Jalapeño Cheese Spread as Currency at all Facilities

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hahaha.... "A few critics, comprised mostly of airmen, had no idea what an MRE was or why jalapeno cheese spread was such a big deal."

As a former Airman, I resemble that remark. :) But yes, I have had MREs in field conditions. Occasionally. ;)

Once again, I have no experience with this. I'm just a nasty ol' civilian. Thanks to everyone who served, especially you Marines (our son was a Marine, he sent me this) and even you airmen @Anna C. You've done more than me.

MREs. Meals Ready to Eat, are foods the grunts, ok infantry (those that carry guns and go out in the field on purpose @Anna C :p) carry when they are training or actually out on a mission. They are portable, and some things inside them are far better, and more desirable than others. When I was eating them, gorilla cookies were the bomb. If you had ramen noodles in your ALICE pack, you could trade a package for the cookies. For the record, ramen & tabasco could make just about anything edible. That is, with the exception of ham loaf or ham & chicken loaf, those were the slimy version of fruitcake, the one thing no one wanted....

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom