all posts post new thread

Old Forum Double C & P program (with swings...!)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Vince, you seem to have done your reading and thinking about a program that might work for you. If you've got a specific thing you want to try, my vote is that you just go ahead and try it. See how it works and let us know.

In your place, I'd be tempted to use a single kettlebell press rather than doubles. Less tiring in your lower back, more focus on building a resilient core, and for most people involved in other activities as you are, perhaps a better default choice than doubles, the latter perhaps being better suited to those for whom the kettlebell is the main focus.

-S-

Thanks, Steve. :-D

Rugby season's over so I'll stick with double C & P (not jerks), 2 sessions a week, laddered.

Swings with a SINGLE 8kg up from the pair being used for C & Ps, working up to 100. Every so often, go all out with a continuous set with one of the bells being used for C & Ps (every month or so). Move up a bell size when I move up with the pair I am doing C & Ps with.

Reason for using a heavier bell is to improve power, grip strength along with 'conditioning' and I reckon going heavier will make the bells down a size feel a bit lighter.

No time limit will be used but the aim will be to reduce the time the 100 reps are done in.

I am taking it VERY steady progressing through the ladders and will be jumping in 8kg increments so I may not automatically move up size for C & Ps (and the bell I'm using for swings, by default) upon reaching the rungs of 5 for all 5 ladders. So I also hope it will be okay for when the season starts again, too.

To those that have helped me along the way with advice, thank-you all very much.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom