all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Double kb swing grip

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Gary W

Level 5 Valued Member
Im going to get another 16kg bell to go with the one i already have, ive looked at a few clips of the double swing but all seem to have different grip.

can anyone point me in the direction of a film showing correct grip?

I feel like i will be able to have better form with double bells over one arm swings

Start/end position (bells on floor): there are several acceptable variations, handles as you are looking at them, -- --, \/, or /\ are all OK.

Backswing: thumbs back: \/ , or slightly back, somewhere between \/ and -- --

Top of swing, handles horizontal: -- --

Ok thanks,
so basically swing as normal and turn thunbs in as it lowers, pretty much the same as my one arm swing

Will give this a try

so basically swing as normal and turn thunbs in as it lowers, pretty much the same as my one arm swing

Yes. You may have to take a slightly wider stance with your feet and push your knees out a little in the backswing, but other than that there's not too much difference from 1-arm swings... It's just a 1-arm swing with both arms at the same time!

I like double 16kg swings myself. They're also great to combine in complexes: 5 swings + 5 cleans + 5 squats + 5 presses... etc.

Yeah im doing them in a similar way, so it works with the squats.
I feel like with the double i might be able to keep my shoulders im place better and just generally have better form over one arm

Start/end position (bells on floor): there are several acceptable variations, handles as you are looking at them, -- --, \/, or /\ are all OK.

Backswing: thumbs back: \/ , or slightly back, somewhere between \/ and -- --

Top of swing, handles horizontal: -- --
Wow, the thumbs, now I have to go home and see where my thumbs are.

Thanks

Ive got a 10 and a 16, i might get another 10 for doubles thinking 2 16s might be a bit heavy at the mo

Actually, what way would be best to progress to double swing?

I can swing 16k with 2 hands easily, 16kg with one arm is comfortable

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom