all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Double LCCJ Daily?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Pauli

Level 1 Valued Member
Hello folks, I am very pushed for time at the moment and (sadly) motivation to train is low. I was thinking, could double LCCJ for 10-15 minutes a day be good fit? I am not training for any event (though a half marathon, one day, I hope!) and am looking to work my heart, increase strength, burn fat (diet is good and know this is most of that equation) and maybe build a bit of muscle.

I can clean and press double 25s so would be using double 32s and going about 75% effort-wise.

Thanks for reading!

Paul

You can but I would actually do something else on other days..

D1 and D4 lccj
D2 and D5 s and s or snatches
D3 rest or active recovery

If pressed for time and a person is a minimalist i think double c&j is the way to go. One hand snatches to mix it up would be good too but a+a takes longer than your 15 minute time frame. Q&D snatches however are quick and would be good to add in once or twice a week imo

@Pauli, welcome to the StrongFirst forum.

Master StrongFirst Certified Instructor, Jon Engum, wrote an excellent article about conditioning for the martial artist, and the lift of choice was the one-arm, long-cycle C&J. That would be my recommendation to you. I believe it calls for only 10 minutes, 3 times a week. Let me find a link.

https://www.strongfirst.com/just-gi...-kettlebell-exercise-for-the-standup-fighter/

In the article, he explains why he doesn't think the 2-bell version is best suited to this purpose.

-S-

@Pauli I would recommend agains basing you clean and jerk off your military press. I did a double CnJ/FSQ program and at that time I could Double press 2x32's. for the program I used 2x28kg. sure the jerk is an explosive movement and you can load it pretty heavy but a 22% increase in load is a lot for the shoulders to get used to. just my two cents

Sorry for the late reply but thanks for your input and advice, and thanks for that link Steve!

Interesting piece by Jon Engum, I (naively) assumed that 2 KBs is better than one.

Maine-ah - which program was it, the CnJ/FSQ one?

Andrew Read of Read Performance Training in Australia has a CNJK/FS program wherein you do ladders of the long cycle and 1/2 the number of front squats per rung....i.e. 2 clean and jerks and 1 front squat, 4 clean and jerks and 2 front squats, etc.

Never tried it, long cycles are brutal enough!

Anything goes for 10 min a day. Do not expect great gains BUT expect to have fun.

Try this program AnythingGoes2020 (the name just came up
:D)

PURPOSE:
Movement for 10 - 15 minutes a day
HOW:
On the given day - not the day before - you just do what you want for 10 - 15 minutes as long as it is movement - be it LC, walk, swings, swim etc.
GOAL:
Movement for 30 days without skipping a day.

After completing 30 days movement/practice you have accomplished something AND you have probably found what kind of practice that suits you

Let me know what you think about this plan/Idea

Best regards
/Martin Joe

#AnythingGoes2020

I was thinking, could double LCCJ for 10-15 minutes a day be good fit?
I did a period of only C&J on the minute increasing the reps (density) every couple weeks. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. I've also run a cycle of A+A with C&J and you may find some days just feel like 30min days after 10mins goes by.

Great stuff, thanks BroMo. One thing - did you do double LCCJ*? If so, how was it on the lower back, particularly daily?

*Forgive me if I am being tautologous here - I am not sure whether the term/abbreviation 'LCCJ' automatically means you use doubles or whether it can also apply to single as long as you do that clean before each jerk.

If it is hard on the lower back I have been thinking of doing singles and even incorporating a micro-cycle. Basically, I am 'borrowing' (ripping-off) the ETK 'easy, medium and hard'. I'd do an easy day, a medium day then a hard day. I know that daily training would mean progress would not be as good as with judiciously-used rest days. But I am one of those people who is 'all or nothing'. If I had a rest day, I know that with my (flawed!) psychology, that could easily extend to 5 rest days. Whereas I know that if I have a daily schedule it is easier for me to handle.

I might even 'borrow' the ETK 'roll dice for the time you do the lift' idea but using 3 as opposed to 2 dice.

I do like C & J. I remember when I got my first 24 after using a 16kg, It felt stupidly heavy. A few weeks of fairly hard C & Js with it and I could start the RoP with it.

Anything goes for 10 min a day. Do not expect great gains BUT expect to have fun.

Try this program AnythingGoes2020 (the name just came up
:D)

PURPOSE:
Movement for 10 - 15 minutes a day
HOW:
On the given day - not the day before - you just do what you want for 10 - 15 minutes as long as it is movement - be it LC, walk, swings, swim etc.
GOAL:
Movement for 30 days without skipping a day.

After completing 30 days movement/practice you have accomplished something AND you have probably found what kind of practice that suits you

Let me know what you think about this plan/Idea

Best regards
/Martin Joe

#AnythingGoes2020
I like this idea, particularly in light of my post above, 'I have to be doing something daily'. Thanks for sharing!

Andrew Read of Read Performance Training in Australia has a CNJK/FS program wherein you do ladders of the long cycle and 1/2 the number of front squats per rung....i.e. 2 clean and jerks and 1 front squat, 4 clean and jerks and 2 front squats, etc.

Never tried it, long cycles are brutal enough!

I imagine that would help to blitz fat (diet depending) and pack muscle on!!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom