all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Double Swing Form Check

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Ella Connor

Level 5 Valued Member
Hi,

Would anyone be kind enough to do a form check on my double hand swings - have just started working with a 24kg. Many thanks, all feedback gratefully received!

On the initial back swing, pull with your back. You might be able to do it by dropping your hip slightly lower at the start.
Whatever you did at rep 10 and beyond, I like them.

Nice swings, Ella! I see two things you might work on, 1) "big chest" at the bottom (don't let your shoulders collapse in), and 2) straight legs at the top - don't bounce in and out of full knee extension - just extend the knees fully and smoothly and hold the tight plank.

Keep up the good work... You've got a good swing going with all the big aspects well covered. And, welcome. :)

Really helpful both of you! And yes @Anna C I definitely have a tendency to let my shoulders roll forwards (it comes up in all sorts of exercises!). Thanks.

Am aiming to do SFG1 in October so trying to make sure I iron out bad habits!

@Ella Connor : Welcome to the forum :)
Try keeping your shoulders well packed, and try sitting back a bit more on the downswing. I see a tendency of flexing the lower spine at the downswing. Could cause a problem at heavier weights. As @Anna C said, keep a 'big' chest. This usually helps in keeping the natural curvature of the spine during the swing.

Looks really good! You def got the hip swing down!
Only thing I really see is that you could keep a "taller chest". Really engange your lats and stick out your chest that should take care of it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom