all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Doubts at the end of simple

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

krome

Level 1 Valued Member
Good morning

I have been training the simple protocol since february. I am about to finish it, as I am doing 70 swings nonstop test, I already past the 5 min 1 handed swing test and I am compressing the rest time with the 32 Kg get up.

I like to combine my swing practice with self defence (Krav maga for instance) and fighting sports, like Muay thai and MMA. Also, I am preparing to become Officer at the Spanish Military, and I would like to keep with the kettlebell as a tool for such a lifestyle.

What would be your recommendation from now? What would be better given my circomstances: to change my focus to the Rite of Passage from Enter the Kettlebell, or to keep with this protocol and go to the Sinister goals? In this case, should I go to next weight for the swing, or wait until I accomplish the swingh nonstop test and the 32Kg get up?

Thank you very much,

Adrián.

Welcome to StrongFirst!

Everything you've listed is fine - take your pick, or perhaps base your pick on what will best fit into your lifestyle.

-S-

I would stay with S&S. And while you are getting your body entirely comfortable with the 32 start to mix in the 40 here and there, as is outlined in the book for moving to the next level. Using the 40 will help you advance more quickly with the 32. S&S is a great practice for the "lifestyle" you are approaching as it gives your body what it needs to maintain/improve strength, flexibility and balance without overtaxing you, so you have the energy and the get up and go for whatever challenge might come your way. Plus, as you become comfortable with the 32 and are able to knock off the Simple Standard anytime you wish, you will have attained a respectable level of strength which you can practice daily without having to worry about what type of training you should do next, spend 20 mins, be done with it and know you've done your body some good, then move on with your day. like brushing your teeth. Using the 32 for S&S is really all you need, you could train that way forever as your staple routine, then as you have certain objectives in mind you can spend 3 months on ROP or KB Strong or Fighter Pull-ups or any other program which is specific to your objectives. Keep S&S as your foundation, it'll do your body good.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom