all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Downstairs Neighbours

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
If the kettlebells were stored inside, you would probably be fine bringing them outside to train unless it is very cold. In fact, I prefer cold handles for snatching. I train in my garage and In the winter, it is below freezing in there as it is not heated continuously. I may warm up the garage with a space heater for 5 minutes before getting in there and warm up the handles a bit by blasting hot air on them, but they are definitively very cold to touch when I pick them up. In these conditions, I can easily do more than 100 snatches with 32 kg with only a vey light coating of chalk on my hands. When it gets warmer, I usually have to apply chalk every 40-50 snatches. The cold handles warm up a bit during the snatch session, picking up heat from my hands, and the hands cool down a bit due to contact with the cold metal. I get to an equilibrium where there is no sweat and the hand stay very dry.

Problem Solved :

Thank you all for helping me with my downstairs neighbors concerns. The problem is solved. I am now training with a 40kg kb can happily confirm there is no noise issue.

I've used some basic matts to cover the floor. This is combination with the fact that you "land" the kettlebell on the ground, rather than dropping it, makes the training "sound proof". I think the neighbors may be more concerned about the "tsst"breathing than about the actual kettlebell.

Have a great day all !

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom