all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Dr Joseph Mercola?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

ClimbStrong

Level 1 Valued Member
Just came back to the SF website and noticed a Dr Mercola quote regarding kettlebells on the beginners intro page. Thought I’d go and check his kettlebell stuff out for a laugh. Personally I think the blokes a bit of quack, but the main thing I noticed was the poor quality kettle bell work he was promoting on his website. The trainer he is using has clearly not had any kettlebell training as his instruction and technique is awful and actually dangerous. I was surprised SF has associated with such a character promoting really poor form KB.

I'm in Australia and Dr Mercola has no profile here. I have rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and googling I arrived at his protocol on management of this condition without prescription medicines. It has worked incredibly well, so much so that I would describe it as genuinely life-changing. I take no prescription medicine, while others I know with similar levels of condition, are, on their doctor's instructions, medicating daily with strong anti-inflammatories. Maybe his advice in other areas is not so great, I've read online criticism, but for me he is a legend

Personally I think the blokes a bit of quack, ...

Mercola

Let me confirm that you assessment.

Mercola in a past incident rebranded Phil Campbell's, M.S., M.A., FACHE, ACSM-CPT, "Sprint 8" High Intensity Training Program that was based on his reaserch.

I believe Mercola rebrand his as Peak 8 HIIT; maing some other minor adjustments.

However, the Peak 8 program was/is Campbells

Addressing Mercola's Post

I addresss this issue on Mercola site in 2011.

I received this reply from the administrator at his site...

Dr. Mercola sent you the following message:

----------------------------------
Subject:Your posts

your previous posts were removed because Dr. Mercola believes them to be inaccurate and misleading. Continuing to repost will result in your being banned from the site.

That is just one incident.

"If You Want To Be Great..."

As someone once said, "If you want to be good, borrow other people's ideas. If you want to be great, steal them."

I take a great deal of pride in stealing from the some of the best.

However, the difference between myself and him is that, I alway reference who I stole it from; give them credit.

There's a hierarchy of harm....

There is a difference between shining your gonads at the early morning sun whilst popping your omega 3s and turmeric....before or after swinging a kettlebell possibly in an unsafe manner....to promoting misinformation in a global pandemic.

He's an anti-vaxx grifter.

In the UK last week at an anti-vaxx demo doctors and nurses were singled out to be hanged for the crime of vaccine promotion.

I'll leave it there.

SF associates with him?
I think he's referring to the quote listed on this page: Beginners, START HERE | StrongFirst

"My current workout incorporates kettlebells…a dynamic, whole-body exercise routine that incorporates cardiovascular, resistance, and range-of-motion training into one workout. Pavel Tsatsouline has written Kettlebell Simple & Sinister…likely the best book on this topic.—Dr. Joseph Mercola"

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom