all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Drills to activate back muscles to lock everything in place during 1-arm swings?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Actually, there is no need to exclude me from the "1H swing trouble club".
Mine agrivate my old AC joint injury - and eventually my right AC joint starts to hurt.
So far I was quite successful doing 2 hand swings. I can see the benifits of the exersise.
I just wonder - is it worth to persue the exersise that gives trouble at all. Maybe it's better to get what is possible from what is working, and move on...

Traditionally, 1H swing is on the path to learning the snatch.

Some say that once you can snatch, it replaces the swing.

And if one does no-swing snatches (not SF approved, I believe), the 1H swing gets bypassed.

Actually, there is no need to exclude me from the "1H swing trouble club".
Mine agrivate my old AC joint injury - and eventually my right AC joint starts to hurt.
So far I was quite successful doing 2 hand swings. I can see the benifits of the exersise.
I just wonder - is it worth to persue the exersise that gives trouble at all. Maybe it's better to get what is possible from what is working, and move on...

I would say it's probably not worth it for you because you can find exercises that will benefit you just as much without the downsides (IF you really want to add exercises, which is unnecessary if 2-hand swings are doing good things for you). I'm specifically trying to expand what my back is capable of in the hopes I can get to a point where my strength just carries over across all activities.

Now I remember the pull-up tip was for the bent press. I don’t see why it wouldn’t work for this also. There’s also the whole “breaking a stick” move which will fire the lats instantly.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom