all posts post new thread

Nutrition Drinks on carnivore...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

LEGENDARY70

Level 2 Valued Member
Hello all.

So i have lost 13 lbs in 3 weeks on carnivore. wow. I usually eat eggs and sausage in the morning. lunch usually shredded pork, hamburger patty or hot dog wiener. For dinner usually eggs and bacon, chicken, steak all with chicharrones. I drink black coffee in the mornings, drink water during my lunch and for dinner I always put some crystal light in my water or some ICE ( the drink is called ICE) drinks. Both say zero carbs and zero sugar. Been doing good on them. any advice? Thx

Everything is cooked in bacon fat or butter.

Can I take like centrum one a day on this diet. just want to make sure i get all the vitamins needed.

Back when I did carnivore it worked very well even if I had coffee and some sugar free soda. I wouldn't worry about those at least. I don't recognize your drinks so can't comment on them. If you're worried about vitamins I would rather just take a simple multivitamin daily.

I have a general rule, do not eat food that you cannot recognize in its original form prepared by other people. A steak grilled in a restaurant is fine. A meat ball in a restaurant is not. Neither are sausages, pies, chowders etc. God knows what's been added to it and how old the components have been sitting in that kitchen.

It takes a little extra time to cook a chicken thigh in a fast cooker or chicken breast in sous vide. And it is better than buying a prepackaged stuff on so many levels. I would go as far as to say you should kill an animal you eat, but this is a conversation for another time.

I have a general rule, do not eat food that you cannot recognize in its original form prepared by other people. A steak grilled in a restaurant is fine. A meat ball in a restaurant is not. Neither are sausages, pies, chowders etc. God knows what's been added to it and how old the components have been sitting in that kitchen.

To me that seems arbitrary. A steak grilled in a restaurant has likely already been through a number of places and hands on its way to you.

I would go as far as to say you should kill an animal you eat, but this is a conversation for another time.

Indeed. Do you do this?

-S-

Everyone has their own definition and tolerance of processed food. A steak is structurally the same piece of flesh it was while embedded in the animal's body. I can recognise it. Meat in a sausage is taken several steps further, and I can't even start guessing what's on my dish: which cut, additives, fillers etc.

As far as killing your own food, I hunt when I have the time and opportunity, but not as often as I would like.

Meat in a sausage is taken several steps further, and I can't even start guessing what's on my dish: which cut, additives, fillers etc.
Surprisingly the hot dogs in the above video were pretty much the same thing as if you made them at home (minus the intestine casing, they used plastic). Meats, Seasoning, grind it an put it in a tube. The only weird additive they seemed to put in was fake smoke.

If you hunt your own meat, it is a great thing to learn to do. You know all the extra little bits you get leftover from trimming everything and processing? You basically take all of that and use it to make sausage. It is a great way to get the most out of your harvest. Just don't try to salvage the damaged meat.

Now you got me craving bear brats...

Hello all.

So i have lost 13 lbs in 3 weeks on carnivore. wow. I usually eat eggs and sausage in the morning. lunch usually shredded pork, hamburger patty or hot dog wiener. For dinner usually eggs and bacon, chicken, steak all with chicharrones. I drink black coffee in the mornings, drink water during my lunch and for dinner I always put some crystal light in my water or some ICE ( the drink is called ICE) drinks. Both say zero carbs and zero sugar. Been doing good on them. any advice? Thx

Everything is cooked in bacon fat or butter.
Circling back…. I’ve cut out the diet Coke’s and those Mio squirty things you add to water and saw no real difference in anything. I think if a diet drink is going to keep you sane go for it. If it’s mentally difficult to have something like that cause it makes you want other stuff cut it out. I’m way more of a salty/crunchy fan so the sweet stuff was never a problem for me.

I’ve been adding some carbs back in here and there (potatoes, fruit, etc…) and I noticed that I’ll weigh a little more from water weight (I think) the day after but then it drops again. More of a mental game than anything.

Over the last two or 3 weeks I’ve upped my calories by about 2-400/ day and I’ve noticed I definitely have some more energy when it comes to training. And my weight has stayed the same. I’ve talked about this for a year on the forum but I’m pretty sure I was severely under eating calories by a lot which is super easy to do on a carnivore diet. Basically trying what I’ve recently heard called “reverse dieting” and slowly adding calories back in to get my maintenance calories a little higher without gaining fat. I think @kennycro@@aol.com has mentioned “Matador” diet too a few times on here which is similar. Upping calories then going back into a deficit again to kickstart weight loss.
There’s definitely WAY more wiggle room if you aren’t doing carnivore for some sort of metabolic condition or auto immune protocol. If you’re not doing that it’s probably best to not marry yourself to the label and experiment a little and see how different things work for you.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom