all posts post new thread

Old Forum "Drop & Give me a 100" Results

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Lt.Baker

Level 1 Valued Member
Ladies and Gentleman,

My pushup numbers went from 35 to 58 (a 65.71% increase) in just two weeks.

Thanks Pavel.

Great job, Peter!

This plan is in the same "anti-glycolytic" category we have been talking about lately on this site.

Peter, could you please post a link to the plan if it's up here or elsewhere?

Thank you.

-S-

relative intensity set frequency
M 100% max test; 40% 60 min
T 50% 30 min
W 70% 45 min
Th 40% 60 min
F 80% 60 min
Sa 55% 90 min
Su 20% 90 min

M 90% 120 min
T 45% 60 min
W 20% 10 min
Th 65% 90 min
F 75% 60 min
Sa 30% 90 min
Su 15% 120 min

M 100% max test

Steve, the program belongs to Beyond Bodybuilding, but it is what Nick wrote on the forum.

Nick,
What does relative intensity mean in the context of push-ups? Does 20% mean 20% of the reps of your initial max test?

Ron, yes, it is. For example, if your max is 40, p.e., in the day which calls for 50% intensity you do 20 reps, 70% =28 reps, etc.

Do the intensity and frequency really matter (as listed), or is the point just to vary the intensity and frequency each day?

Jason, a program is to be followed to the letter.

Jeffrey, lets say your max is 40 pushups. In the day that calls for 50% 30min, you do 20 pushups every 30 min.

E.g. :

9h: 20
9h30: 20
10h: 20
10h30: 20
(...)

Peter, one last question. Intensity and frequency make sense now. Do you stop for the day when you hit 100 pushups across all sets?

I'm doing something else for pushups right now. I'd really like to give this program a go after I more or less max out on that to see if it gives me a bump.

Ron,

No, you keep on going until an hour or so before bedtime. The point is to perform many more repetitions than your max by spreading the volume within less intense sets across a long period of time.

Cheers,
Josh

While not as good as Peter, I just finished my 2 weeks and went from 21 to 35 (67%). Feels good.

Question:
1. How often do you recommend this? Once a month? My goal is 60, then start trying the 1 armed p/u.
2. When you start the 2 weeks, do you test again on day 1 or use the Max Test from the previous cycle? I assume do another max test.

John, you can recycle the plan several times. Use the RM from the last cycle.

If the OAP is your goal though, adding reps will not help.

Pavel, Thanks for the response, I'll go through the plan a few times and see where I end up with max reps.

I just started reading Naked Warrior and with your comment about adding reps not helping OAP, I now get it. The two exercises are very different things, where before I thought the OAP was just an extension of a regular pushup.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom