all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Dry Fighting Weight : Next Program

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

MarkSch

Level 6 Valued Member
What would you recommend for a program after Dry Fighting Weight, and why? I'm nearly done and have been keeping a training log here:
Dry Fighting Weight : Happy Birthday! Now Get To Work.

I am leaning towards hypertrophy with Kettlebell Muscle or More KettleBell Muscle, since the double 24K work has given me confidence, and "summer is coming". I'm curious what other forum members would recommend , though.

Thanks in advance!

I've done KBM three times and each time it delivered. In addition to getting some muscle it can strip fat if you don't go overboard on your diet.

However, word to the wise, go lighter than you think. Double 24s are killers in this program.

The wolf from mkm or plan701a from @Hector G
Would you say DFW is similar-enough to Genesis that one could go right into 701A from DFW? It looks like it to me on paper (though Genesis doesn't have the clean before each press), but I know you've been going through Genesis and have gone through DFW in the past.

Is there a summary of 701a you can give that doesn’t give away the program. Is it a clean press and dfsq program like dfw?

Is there a summary of 701a you can give that doesn’t give away the program. Is it a clean press and dfsq program like dfw?
Yes, but also with some sets of double cleans and double swings in the first 4 weeks. The second 4 weeks adds the double snatch.

If DFW is a "pseudo-complex" (clean & press is technically a complex, but a separate set of front squats is not) without a prescribed number of reps, 701A is a true complex: 4-6 exercises per set for 2-5 reps, with prescribed rest periods and a prescribed (and varying) number of sets. DFW is heavier though; 701A is mostly 10-12 RM with some 6-8 RM sets.

Highly recommend you check out Double Kettlebell Manifesto. This is one of four programs in there. There is also one focused on the C&J.

My thanks to all who responded.

word to the wise, go lighter than you think. Double 24s are killers in this program.
I am kinda dreading that, actually. I have done KBM twice, once with 16K and once with @ 20K . Second time was really hard.

@Mark Limbaga , The Wolf looks pretty darn hard as well. I have not done any MKM programs as yet.

I have read but not tried @Hector G "KettleBell Snacks' ( great name!), and people seem to like his Double Kettlebell Manifesto. It might be time to buy a new program.

Are most DKBM programs 8 weeks long? That fits with my summer schedule.

There are 4 programmes in DKBM. 3 of them are 8 weeks and 1 is 6 weeks.
I can really recommend it!

Well, I am convinced to try DKB Manifesto because:

-It's something different, great as Geoff Nuepert's programs are
-You all recommend it
-It promises some fat-blasting, which I could (always) use
-It's reasonably priced, and spending a little money is good, since this forum provides such great information and support totally free.

I'll start logging online next week, after a few days off. You can see the exciting (??) conclusion of my DFW journey here:
Dry Fighting Weight : Happy Birthday! Now Get To Work.

Its an open secret that I loved kettlebell muscle among all the double bell complex programs but 701a swept me off my feet and captured my heart

I've bought it, but haven't tried it as I am still doing KB Strong. it looks really interesting, but I've got a couple of questions...
(1) Were your results more strength or hypertrophy focused? I associate complexes with hypertrophy programming, but the reps are often low with this program. Were there any quantified strength gains?

(2) How did you mentally keep track as the reps varied across different exercises in the complexes?

I've bought it, but haven't tried it as I am still doing KB Strong. it looks really interesting, but I've got a couple of questions...
(1) Were your results more strength or hypertrophy focused? I associate complexes with hypertrophy programming, but the reps are often low with this program. Were there any quantified strength gains?

(2) How did you mentally keep track as the reps varied across different exercises in the complexes?

Chalkboard

1 65/35 split of strength and hypertrophy

2. I wrote the session on a whiteboard then took a look before each set

The Wolf is the most overrated program in MKM. It's good, but overrated. The double 24 kg won't carry over to MKM unless you can do the double snatch. Otherwise you're going to have to drop down to 20's.

For the summer body...pick 2. One as a complex, the other as a chain. For the complex do The Basic, Oh Row You Don't 2.0 or The Long Haul For the chain You Don't Know Squat 2.0, Clean'em Up 2.0 or Jerk Work

Off Kettlebells for a couple of weeks. Poison Ivy on the forearms:mad:

The Wolf is the most overrated program in MKM. It's good, but overrated. The double 24 kg won't carry over to MKM unless you can do the double snatch. Otherwise you're going to have to drop down to 20's.

For the summer body...pick 2. One as a complex, the other as a chain. For the complex do The Basic, Oh Row You Don't 2.0 or The Long Haul For the chain You Don't Know Squat 2.0, Clean'em Up 2.0 or Jerk Work

Off Kettlebells for a couple of weeks. Poison Ivy on the forearms:mad:

Is it the DSN factor that makes you believe the wolf is over rated?

I actually have sampled YDKS2.0 and think it may be the most under-rated program in MKM

A little off topic, but would it matter if you ran total tension before dry fighting or would the order not matter?

I've ran it twice. I didn't think it was that hard because of the lack of double snatch. YDK2.0 as a chain was nasty.

I actually used 70's on the first 2 weeks of light day for the Wolf but had to drop back once the intensity picked up.

There are some true nasty programs in that book. I'm not talking about the timed workouts either.

If you do the ones with 6-7 reps as a chain, Herky Jerky, Clean 'Em Up 2.0 you'll see what I mean. Week 9 with a 1:1 work rest ratio was not a pleasant experience

Where I get true panic is at the end pressing after the front squat. The rear deltoids are so fatigued from front squats the press
is challenged.

The only one I can't do with double 45 lbs. is the A & P. On heavy day of ballistics, the grip fails after 30 seconds of high pulls on the other heavy day, the push presses after the second 30 second round of squats is otherworldly misery.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom