Kettlebell Dry fighting weight plus boxing and Muay Thai

Anth

Level 4 Valued Member
Hello!

Am I crazy to try and run a cycle of DFW while doing boxing and Muay Thai twice a week? I want to take a break from S+S. I'm thinking something like this:
Monday evening: Boxing drills and/or sparring
Tuesday morning: DFW
Wednesday evening: Mauy Thai drills (no sparring)
Thursday morning: DFW
Friday: rest/recover
Sat: DFW
Sunday: Rest recover.

The weird thing is, I always feel great in the moring after an evening of hard training (unless it's MT sparring, then I feel a little beat up, hence no sparring for 5 weeks). I think it has something to do with getting my body very heated and sweating a lot. It loosens up my joints or tendons or something.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Thoughts?
Thanks!

Wolfskill

Level 2 Valued Member
Nope it can be done. DFW is only like 30 mins, and you're only doing 2 days of muay thai. Right now I do anywhere from 3-5 BJJ classes, 1 or 2 striking classes a week, and I fit in 4 kettlebell workouts. Just eat enough food and get enough sleep and you'll be ok.

Steve W.

Level 7 Valued Member
I'm thinking something like this:
Monday evening: Boxing drills and/or sparring
Tuesday morning: DFW
Wednesday evening: Mauy Thai drills (no sparring)
Thursday morning: DFW
Friday: rest/recover
Sat: DFW
Sunday: Rest recover.

Sounds fine.

DFW is autoregulated so you can push or back off as necessary to calibrate recovery with anything else you're doing.

I just finished the last full week of DFW. I was coming off a long layoff from pressing (and training in general), so I underbelled myself a little and pushed the volume pretty hard (definitely metcon-ish, contrary to instructions). I still recovered fine and ended up stacking a bunch of other stuff on top of DFW and taking very few true rest days without feeling beat down at all.

Top Bottom