all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Dry Fighting Weight Question

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Level 2 Valued Member
Hi, just a couple questions about the Dry Fighting Weight program.
It says to use your 5 RM kBs for the press. Just wanted to make sure the 5RM is for press and not c+p.
The program says to do as many sets as possible in the 30 mins. Just wondering if all three days each week are maximum number of sets? Each day is basically the max you can do in the 30 mins, is the way I understand it. No easy days, each one pretty much all you can while refusing to “grind”.
Thanks

Max sets every session, but it’s okay to have an off day and not beat your previous session (or not beat the previous session with the same rep scheme.)

I was beat at the end but didn’t need to flop on the floor in a sweaty puddle. (I did sweat a lot though, just didn’t need to collapse.)

Press vs C&P. For me they are close enough that I’d be using the same bell. With C&Ps, your shoulders get a rest during the clean that you don’t get when doing just presses, but your overall expenditure is greater so that seems to negate any rest period. But article seems to say use the press to determine which bell.

Last edited:
Since it was a four week program, I want to always try and "beat" my previous day by a few reps. I set a timer and did the required set based on timed rest.

If I was breathing hard, I skipped that one, and "rested."

I did DFW on night shift so I knew there would be days when I'd be dragging due to a lack of sleep. I set a baseline minimum number I wanted to hit every session. It ended up being 30 reps.

There were a couple sessions where I stopped at 30 total reps even though there was still 5 or 6 mins left on the timer. Once because I was exhausted and once so I wouldn't be late to work.

Not surprisingly, my best sessions were usually the next session immediately after a short session.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom