all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Dry Fighting Weight

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Marc

Level 6 Valued Member
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I finished one run through Dry Fighting Weight about two weeks ago. Finally I managed to write a review.

So, Geoff says to use the 5rm on the press.
I could do 10 reps with 2x24 but only about 2-3 @2x28.
However I went for 2x28.
The first week I got 21 reps on the C&P and FSQ on the 1-2-3 day. (Note: I did the C&P as supersets with FSQ i.e. do the prescribed reps of C&P and immediately did FSQ without putting the bells down. That was easier to count my sets).
In week four I got 3x(1-2-3-4) on day one (30 reps total, did not make it to 1-2-3-4-5).
On day two: 16x2 (32 reps).
On day three: 4x3; 4x4 (28 reps; alternated sets of 3 and 4).
In week 5 I got a new PR of 6 reps of DMP @2x28.
I was very happy with the results and will return to that routine again with 2x32 (although that might take a while now).
I only see pros with this routine, just like with everything by Geoff Neupert.
It has you training only 3x/week for 30 mins each. Add a warmup of ~10mins and thats only 40mins 3x/week. (I did OS 2-3/week on off days).
I highly recommend it!

One more thing about Geoff's programmes:
I already did Kettlebell Burn Extreme with great success (@2x24) and Kettlebell Strong (@2x24).
I have several more in my pipeline.
If you are looking for programmes that really deliver results, I highly recommend Geoff's programmes. Best of all: they are time efficient!

Now this is not related to DFW itself but still: watching the Kettlebell Strong DVD (also by Geoff) and practicing in front of the TV has helped me a lot with my press @2x28 and mede them feel stable. Only then I had enough confidence to use the 28s on DFW!

Last edited:
Thank you!
I did not watch bodycomposition too much. Main goal was to handle 2x28. Was +/- lean before and am +/- lean now. Maybe some muscle gain. Also I was not in a caloric deficit.
I think if you do it in combination with a caloric deficit, you will obtain some decent results.

Way to go @Marc! I have alot Geoff's stuff waiting for me as well. Right now I'm slowly conditioning and strengthening an injured shoulder. I can't wait to get it stable and strong enough to start heavier pressing.

Way to go @Marc! I have alot Geoff's stuff waiting for me as well. Right now I'm slowly conditioning and strengthening an injured shoulder. I can't wait to get it stable and strong enough to start heavier pressing.

Geoff's work is awsome!
Right now I am doing 701A by @Hector G but I will def keep on using Geoffs programmes in the years to come (Kettlebell Muscle @2x28 will be great fun).

In terms of shoulder stability: check out Original Strenght or Mobility Secrets (also by @Hector G ). And within that focus on rocking and crawling (especially backwards crawling).

Thanks for the review! I was looking at Dry Fighting weight but I have business with the one arm press at the moment. I really enjoy these review pages!

Did you find this less taxing than burn extreme??

Very much so!
KB Burn Extreme is awsome but very taxing especilly the add-on of ballistic days.
However, the individual daya per se are more taxing on DFW but you only have 3 training days/week which leaves a lot of time for recovery

I'm hoping Nuepert eventually puts some of his work back up for sale. I'm not ready for doubles yet, but when I am I intend to pull the trigger on purchasing some of @Hector G 's stuff. I like following his blog.

I'm hoping Nuepert eventually puts some of his work back up for sale. I'm not ready for doubles yet, but when I am I intend to pull the trigger on purchasing some of @Hector G 's stuff. I like following his blog.

Chrck out his KB Workout Snacks. Ot is a free download on his site which also includes single bell plans.

Geoff's work is awsome!
Right now I am doing 701A by @Hector G but I will def keep on using Geoffs programmes in the years to come (Kettlebell Muscle @2x28 will be great fun).

In terms of shoulder stability: check out Original Strenght or Mobility Secrets (also by @Hector G ). And within that focus on rocking and crawling (especially backwards crawling).

Nice results - are you doing 701a with double 24s and 28s? I just started it as well (but with 20s and 24s), if you haven't experienced Week 2, Day 5 yet...good luck...most brutal KB workout I've ever done.

Chrck out his KB Workout Snacks. Ot is a free download on his site which also includes single bell plans.

Btw: Geoff Neupert also has some single KB programmes: kettlebell burn and some programmes from Express and Ultra

Nice results - are you doing 701a with double 24s and 28s? I just started it as well (but with 20s and 24s), if you haven't experienced Week 2, Day 5 yet...good luck...most brutal KB workout I've ever done.

Yes 24s and 28s. I have week 2/day 5 awaiting for me in a few moments ;)

@Marc
Thanks for the review. As it happens I started DFW today--a birthday present to myself, as it were.
I am have a bit of a challenge with pacing: the set and reps are a bit confusing, especially when you are told to stay fresh and avoid met-con. How did you manage that, while still keeping honest and trying to pump out more sets in teh given 30 minutes?

@Marc
Thanks for the review. As it happens I started DFW today--a birthday present to myself, as it were.
I am have a bit of a challenge with pacing: the set and reps are a bit confusing, especially when you are told to stay fresh and avoid met-con. How did you manage that, while still keeping honest and trying to pump out more sets in teh given 30 minutes?

For me, pacing was not too much of a problem because I already had some experience with that style of training.

My advice: really be honest and only go for the next set if you are 100% sure you will make it! When in doubt rather do less sets but those more aggressive and powerful.
You will gain an understanding after week 1!

Thank you for the review. I am in Week 2 of the DFW right now, only with pair 16s. I could press them for 8 reps and decided to stay cautious. Plus, it will be interesting to see if my single arm 24kg RM will go up from doing 16kg doubles.
This is the first time I am doing a program with complexes and I love them so far. Such a shame there is no way to get digital editions of Geoff's main books Muscle and Strong, because I feel like I've been converted.

@Marc
Thanks for your advice! That's how I understood it too, as the introductions stresses that this program is to work explosiveness and fast-twitch fibers.

Suppersetting --going right into the FSQ after the C&P--is not how I understood it as written. How did you feel about this method, as the program progessed?

In a shameless plug and threadjack, I am also logging my progress:

Dry Fighting Weight : Happy Birthday! Now Get To Work.

@Marc
Thanks for your advice! That's how I understood it too, as the introductions stresses that this program is to work explosiveness and fast-twitch fibers.

Suppersetting --going right into the FSQ after the C&P--is not how I understood it as written. How did you feel about this method, as the program progessed?

In a shameless plug and threadjack, I am also logging my progress:

Dry Fighting Weight : Happy Birthday! Now Get To Work.

Yes, you gor it right! Supersetting is not prescribes. I just did it because it was more comfortable to me to count my sets that way. I think it is not a dealbreaker. However, if you want to follow the programme to a T, alternate the sets. I find neither to make a noticabke difference.

Thank you for the review. I am in Week 2 of the DFW right now, only with pair 16s. I could press them for 8 reps and decided to stay cautious. Plus, it will be interesting to see if my single arm 24kg RM will go up from doing 16kg doubles.
This is the first time I am doing a program with complexes and I love them so far. Such a shame there is no way to get digital editions of Geoff's main books Muscle and Strong, because I feel like I've been converted.

Pretty sure, you will nail a single with 1x24

DFW is actually the biggest steal among all of Neupert's work apart from strength shortcuts since he gave them out for free

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom