all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Dry Vs Strong

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

conor78

Level 6 Valued Member
Finished up S and S last week, but the 40kg on Friday and want to focus on Double Bells until Xmas. I had a bodpod measurement done at the gym 100kg and 20% body fat. I've been eating pretty much what I want at the weekends and enjoying the wine as well.
Anyhow I have three days at the house when I use KB s and two days at the gym.
I am going back to IF 16/8 for the next 6 weeks. In terms of a double bell program I'm thinking either KB strong with 2× 32kg 2 days and the one program the third day or the Dry F weight program.. the gym days will be deadlift and squat followed by mobility/ swim
Any thoughts??

If you BF percentage is what you’re worried about, I would concentrate on dialing in your nutrition. Though I would focus on some of Geoff neuperts complexes...those seem to melt the fat right off.
Good luck
-WF

To address Dry vs Strong - they are extremly similar. I'm pretty certain that Dry is all based upon the same principles as Strong. If you want to lose fat listen to the above RE diet, but I would say squatting AND C&P will probably get you there slightly faster.

Cheers Guys. IF worked well for me earlier in the year.
I think GN commented somewhere on a thread here that you can tack on squats with KB strong. The two day barbell program is a DJ 2 day program but I'm taking out the BP as in getting enough pressing with the C and P.
I'll run it and post onto training log and review in 4 weeks..
Cheers

You might check out Kettlebell Burn Extreme (it is aviable in the store). That should fit your goals perfectly.

Well Mark,
I have KB Burn Extreme, it's a great program but I get cabin fever if I work out on my own 5 nights a week. I want to use the gym two a week so I'm going to run Stong/One and get into the gym when I can....cheers

Well Mark,
I have KB Burn Extreme, it's a great program but I get cabin fever if I work out on my own 5 nights a week. I want to use the gym two a week so I'm going to run Stong/One and get into the gym when I can....cheers

Strong with the proper bells is very taxing. With "One" tacked on as Geoff lays out, you are looking at 4 high stress sessions per week. What kind of other work are you doing?

Run it this week with 32kg and it's pretty taxing. I wanted to follow a 2 days a week DJ barbell program but I'll tailor that or drop elements if I'm feeling fatigued. I"ll run the short course for 4 weeks along with 16/8 IF and see where it takes me.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom