all posts post new thread

Barbell Dumbbell big pull / hinge

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Augustus F-N

Level 7 Valued Member
Hello.

I'm looking to gain posterior chain strength for GPP. I have access to dumbells (but no barbell) up to 50kg each.

Are there any recommended programs or technique resources which may be good to help make use of my limited equipment? Should I be deadlifting the dumbells? Cleaning them? Snatching them?

I would like to train the movement no more than 3 times per week or every other day.

If it helps, I can perform multiple pistols, Oapus, and pull ups with 24kg. I have in the not too distant past completed 100 1H swings with a 32kg bell in under 5 minutes. (I sadly no longer have access to kbs above 24kg). 6ft 2", 85kg.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Double dumbbell Romanian deadlift: strict, controlled reps with a three second pause at the bottom.

And single dumbbell swings: lots of sets of five to ten reps.

dumbbell Romanians are great, especially since you have access to heavy dumbbells

my vote goes to picking up the dumbbell, putting it on a table, and then returning it to the floor, repeat

+1 for the Romanian deadlift

High pulls and farmers walks for time as well. While the farmers walk isn't a pull or hinge the benefits in core and grip strength will lend well to supporting pulls and hinges.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom