all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Durable sandbag for concentric-only work

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

vitaminCoffee

Level 3 Valued Member
I'm interested in doing concentric only work as an experiment. I have been using only kettlebells for two years.

In practice, "concentric only" with kettlebells means picking up the bells and dropping them. Sometimes, it's hard to find a good spot to drop them. Dropping them tears up the yard, or damages the concrete, or the bells.

I figure a sandbag, maybe filled with washed pea gravel, would be easier to throw down repeatedly from a height well above my head.

Any suggestions on a bag that would withstand being repeatedly thrown down on concrete?

You can try one of these slam balls. They may not be what you are looking for since they don't have handles, but you can slam them for a long time without fear:

Rogue sandbags with the traditional filler bags, very well made and durable, but not concrete slam durable. Like @North Coast Miller mentioned, get a mat or find a patch of grass.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom