all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Dynamic vs Static

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hello,

@kennycro@@aol.com
Could it be worthy then, to do for instance a high rep set of pull up, and then performing a lock off at 90° as long as we can can ? Same for push ups ?

Here, I would talk about bodyweight training (so there is no weight involded)

Kind regards,

Pet'

Could it be worthy then, to do for instance a high rep set of pull up, and then performing a lock off at 90° as long as we can can ? Same for push ups ?

Isometric Muscle Contraction

"...Performing performing a lock off at 90° as long as we can can" is an Isometric Muscle Contraction. Any type of Muscle Contraction restrict blood flow.

Bodybuilder after completing an exercise of let's say curls will preform a Double Biceps post; which amount to a Isometric Muscle Contraction that restricts blood flow.

Here, I would talk about bodyweight training (so there is no weight involded)

Body WEIGHT Training

Body Weight is Resistance Weight Training; you are having to pull or push you weight up. Varying the angle of the movement allows you to increase or decrease the loading on the muscles.

Push Up Loading Example

Placing your feet up on on let say a 2 ft box and your hand on the floor increased the amount of "Resistance Weight" you have to push up compared to preforming traditional push up on the floor, with you body parallel to the floor. It also becomes a different exercise.

TRX Strap Body Weight Training

This training system allows you to change the angle of exercise, thereby increasing or decreasing the "Resistance Weight".

Kenny Croxdale

Hello,

Below is a nice intensification technique for the squat. It can be interesting because we can use it for both weight and bodyweight

Kind regards,

Pet'

What would be the difference in strength adaptation when training with a dynamic movement vs a static hold?

Significant differences, even amongst types of static holds that might seem similar or should have carry-over.

Examples of things that are easy to hard for me:

Relatively easy:

Clean & Jerk 120 kg and hold it over my head long enough to get 3 white lights. Typically ~10 seconds.

Harder:

32 kg KB waiter walk for ~100 yards.

Hardest of all:

5 min holding downward dog with arms fully locked out.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom