all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed EASY MUSCLE (Geoff Neupert)

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)

Tom Flint

Level 6 Valued Member
Not readily unfortunately Geoff, I'm making do with the kids monkey bars at the moment. I'll have a bit of a think and see if I can come up with a better idea.
Whenever I need dips and I only have monkey bars as an option, I just climb up and use the rungs as my dip bars. Are yours too wide/narrow to be useful?

Tom Flint

Level 6 Valued Member
Not readily unfortunately Geoff, I'm making do with the kids monkey bars at the moment. I'll have a bit of a think and see if I can come up with a better idea.
Whenever I need dips and I only have monkey bars as an option, I just climb up and use the rungs as my dip bars. Are yours too wide/narrow to be useful?

lais817

Level 5 Valued Member
A bit on the narrow side, I thought of that too. I did however, find a solution in the shed. @Geoff Neupert you can add saw horses to your list of improvised dip equipment

Attachments

• 20220914_192706.jpg
    20220914_192706.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 22

ajs

Level 4 Valued Member
Getting ready to dive into schedule B, tested pullup RM today and was happy with a solid 9, could have managed an ugly 10, I'll have it in the bag by the time I start. Tested my ring dips and couldn't manage a single one. I'm thinking of swapping them out for pushups instead, as my pushup game isn't very strong (15 RM or so)

Anybody see any gaping holes in this plan?
kind of a late reply but i'd like to suggest ring pushups and supinate (rotate outwards) your wrists in the top position. another option is to lower the rings so your feet are on the floor for your dips and work your way up to full body weight. again, supinate your wrists at the top position.

ajs

Level 4 Valued Member
So I've done plenty of C&P in the last 2 years but I'm currently on week 6 of EM schedule A and I'm finding my elbows and wrists aren't happy. I'm not pounding my wrists so its not that but when I twist them for various reasons, mostly the left, its a bit sore.

Anyone else get these issues and/or have solutions other than taking a break from C&P for a bit (which I might just do)? Maybe switching to B and cutting down on the C&P volume would suffice.

T T

Level 4 Valued Member
So I've done plenty of C&P in the last 2 years but I'm currently on week 6 of EM schedule A and I'm finding my elbows and wrists aren't happy. I'm not pounding my wrists so its not that but when I twist them for various reasons, mostly the left, its a bit sore.

Anyone else get these issues and/or have solutions other than taking a break from C&P for a bit (which I might just do)? Maybe switching to B and cutting down on the C&P volume would suffice.
I had the same issue when I started doing the C&P. I watched one of GN's videos on C&P technique and realized that my elbows were "floating." Once I cleaned up my technique my elbows and wrists became much happier.

Hrungnir

Level 5 Valued Member

I would post a form check, as T_T states it is probably related to that. However, running any program you are going to have various niggles at any given point. If your wrist isn’t giving you any problems and is just sore when you do a specific movement (and not sore enough to be a detriment) I wouldn’t worry about it.

ajs

Level 4 Valued Member
I would post a form check, as T_T states it is probably related to that. However, running any program you are going to have various niggles at any given point. If your wrist isn’t giving you any problems and is just sore when you do a specific movement (and not sore enough to be a detriment) I wouldn’t worry about it.
Hell yeah! No pain no gain!

ahh...it hurts to type that. ;)

Reardon55

Level 6 Valued Member
Getting ready to dive into schedule B, tested pullup RM today and was happy with a solid 9, could have managed an ugly 10, I'll have it in the bag by the time I start. Tested my ring dips and couldn't manage a single one. I'm thinking of swapping them out for pushups instead, as my pushup game isn't very strong (15 RM or so)

Anybody see any gaping holes in this plan?
use a band to aid the ring dips?

lais817

Level 5 Valued Member
After some opinions here. Should I go with 32kg goblet squat or 2x16kg kettlebell front squat? Both are about my 10TRM.

Pros/cons of both please? I'm leaning towards the DKBFS as I'd like to improve my rack position.

Last edited:

ManuDavila

Level 1 Valued Member
Hello. I have done The Giant, adding one or two exercises to each session (Bench press, Squat, Deadlift, Row). The results obtained have been satisfactory. I wonder if with Easy Muscle I will achieve different results.

Halfakneecap

Level 6 Valued Member
After some opinions here. Should I go with 32kg goblet squat or 2x16kg kettlebell front squat? Both are about my 10TRM.

Pros/cons of both please? I'm leaning towards the DKBFS as I'd like to improve my rack position.
Dkbfs is harder I think for the same weight, because your two arms are working individually. My squat is woefully weak now, I tried The giant with 2x20 earlier in the year ( or late last year ) and was so humbled at dbkfs, I ran away crying in the corner. I squat body weight ( 100kg ) on a barbell a few years ago and while that’s not very good, it was more than 2x20kg bells so it was humbling.

Top Bottom