all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed EASY MUSCLE (Geoff Neupert)

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
I like how every Metallica fan has two versions of Metallica :D

Personally, anything after Master of Puppets, And Justice for all, Ride the Lightening, Kill 'em all is not interesting !!
Are you guys talking about music to play while training? Maybe I'm showing my age but Edgar Winter's "Frankenstein" or Iron Butterfly's "Gadda Da Vida" are old training stand bys!

I will probably wind up buying this just for the instruction videos. Well, sort of, I won't get around to running any of the programs until next year, and maybe 6 months latter will stay 6 months latter for a long time.

Are you guys talking about music to play while training? Maybe I'm showing my age but Edgar Winter's "Frankenstein" or Iron Butterfly's "Gadda Da Vida" are old training stand bys!
John, I'm a bit younger than you are but still have some "wisdom highlights" in my beard, and more coming each day! Both those jams work.

Personally, anything after Master of Puppets, And Justice for all, Ride the Lightening, Kill 'em all is not interesting !!

Absolutely agree 100%!
Truthfully though, I don't listen to music that much while working out. Messes with the rhythm. Amon Amarth if anything. It's melodic and hard at the same time.

Back to Geoff's programs: they work. I did KB Burn in '10, losing almost 15 lbs. of fat and putting on muscle; recently lost 10 lbs. doing Dry Fighting Weight; and since picking up the double clean and press have noticed the musculature in my traps, shoulders and triceps has increased. I'm on the last week of Giant 3.0 with 20s and was going to start Giant 1.0 this coming Monday (8 August) but will now be adding on a movement as prescribed in the Easy Muscle. Really looking forward to it as:

1) you look great at the end of his programs
2) you're stronger
3) and if you followed the protocol (without adding anything not prescribed) you didn't mess yourself up- my experience.

Paul

I'm generally in agreement. I like the black album but not as much as the first 4.
"Spit out the Bone" on the latest album was an unexpected surprise. It sounds like really good old Metallica.

I suppose this program can be ran for weight loss when combined with the optional diet? The name easy muscle sounds like a hypertrophy program though

There are some people -- like the Renaissance Periodization people -- who think you should run hyptertrophy programs while losing weight to prevent muscle loss.

I think the first Easy Muscle program is pretty good for weight loss because it's minimalist and doesn't ask much of you in terms of recovery. I'm actually going to cut for the next few months as I do the first Easy Muscle workout.

Funny..., I look at them about the same, but I wonder how much of it has to do with my own age. I was in high school when RtL-And Justice for All came out (pre-high school when I had a cassette tape of Kill 'em All.....on the original label.... that it never occurred to me would become a "collector's item")...... was "older" for the rest of them, and a little less interested. There really are some great songs on every album though.

I have Giant, MKM, Burn Extreme Reloaded…. Is there something Easy Muscle has that the others don’t? Is there anything greatly different about Easy Muscle?

I know it’s new so no one can report on experience with completing the program just yet…. But after reading it, how does this program stack up to the rest of his stuff?

Imo DFW, Giant and a handful of programs from MKM top my GN list….

I have Giant, MKM, Burn Extreme Reloaded…. Is there something Easy Muscle has that the others don’t? Is there anything greatly different about Easy Muscle?

I know it’s new so no one can report on experience with completing the program just yet…. But after reading it, how does this program stack up to the rest of his stuff?

Imo DFW, Giant and a handful of programs from MKM top my GN list….
Without giving away too much..

It's basically an idea how you can bolt on squats and bodyweight stuff to the giant as well as how to bridge certain phases of the giant

So I re-read the dry fighting weight article just a few minutes ago and felt compelled to add this...

Easy Muscle also further drives home the point to manage fatigue with its structure and not turning sessions into metcon.

Last edited:
Without giving away too much..

It's basically an idea how you can bolt on squats and bodyweight stuff to the giant as well as how to bridge certain phases of the giant

So I re-read the dry fighting weight article just a few minutes ago and felt compelled to add this...

Easy Muscle also further drives home the point to manage fatigue with its structure and not turning sessions into metcon.
so one of the plans is an updated dry fighting weight? that would be interesting. thats my favorite program of his

Back
Top Bottom