all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed EASY MUSCLE (Geoff Neupert)

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
It doesn't mention any "diet" per say, but in the newsletter it recommends eating four times a day spaced four to six hours apart. Hard to do intermittent fasting within those parameters.

Are these single or double KB programs, and how many different KBs so you need to complete them? Seems promising!
Similar to Giant, it can be ran single or double but he also goes into using a wider variety of implements. For weight, 10RM or 5RM depending upon the program.

I still need to read and digest it a bit, I really like the info on implements on my first read through. I am planning on adding the Giant 1.05 (Schedule A, Phase 2) into my Giant run. Schedule B seems like a really good "for life" program. @Geoff Neupert if you send a discounted link on STRONG for people that bought Easy Muscle you'll probably hook me into that purchase too :p

I have purchased it. The description is very confusing and I only bought it because of the author. It seems like three different programs that aren’t very different from the Giant. It is centred around clean and press but also do incorporate squat variations and bodyweight exercises.

It is very adaptable to your equipment and can be done with kettlebells, barbells or dumbells. The video guides for clean & press and goblet squat are very good.

Bit the bullet and grabbed it too since Geoff has been one of my major influences in how I train and teach so I knew I can't go wrong..

Some cliff's notes
1. Yes it has a sequel of 2.0 actually but also shows how to bridge 1.0 and 1.1 with some accessory lifts for those who would ask for some lower body and core work when running the giant
2. It is equipment agnostic to quote the author himself so you're not limited (at one point I may actually consider running it with HSPU)

It doesn't mention any "diet" per say, but in the newsletter it recommends eating four times a day spaced four to six hours apart. Hard to do intermittent fasting within those parameters.
Just fast between the meals. Easy peasy!

But really if you get into muscle growth it gets a bit difficult getting adequate protein while only eating two meals. One meal is even harder.

His diet outline from kettlebell burn is a great place to start, just add calories. It is based off of precision nutrition stuff and they have a good reputation of sticking to basics that work and are proven.

Just fast between the meals. Easy peasy!

But really if you get into muscle growth it gets a bit difficult getting adequate protein while only eating two meals. One meal is even harder.

His diet outline from kettlebell burn is a great place to start, just add calories. It is based off of precision nutrition stuff and they have a good reputation of sticking to basics that work and are proven.
I usually have at least three in my eight hour window. Sometimes open the period up to nine or ten.

Same here, interesting in this program but unclear what the exercises are (i suppose intentionally). Looks like c&p but is it singles? doubles?

One would think by the description the reps are lower, more similar to dry fighting weight, but some are mentioning hypertrophy on this program, so again i am confused.

I wouldn’t think saying which exercises are included and the max reps per set would give too much away

I usually have at least three in my eight hour window. Sometimes open the period up to nine or ten.
Yeah that works too. The most common complaint with IF and building is that eating required protein can cause some gastric issues. Spreading it out will help with that and optimize MPS a bit, but really if you can get it all in at once you should be fine.

Same here, interesting in this program but unclear what the exercises are (i suppose intentionally). Looks like c&p but is it singles? doubles?

One would think by the description the reps are lower, more similar to dry fighting weight, but some are mentioning hypertrophy on this program, so again i am confused.

I wouldn’t think saying which exercises are included and the max reps per set would give too much away
Schedule A is similar to Giant, Schedule B is similar to DFW and Schedule C is entirely new. (Very broad generalizations here)

Singles or doubles or using anything you can get overhead.

I bought it and am confused by Schedule B.

On p. 18, it first says that you'll alternate between Session A and Session B.

But then the chart showing "Schedule B, Phase 1" seems to indicate that you're supposed to do both Session A and Session B every day for 6 straight days every week. If that's so, then what are you alternating?

Since Session A is 35 minutes and Session B is 20 minutes, that's 55 minutes exercise each day for 6 days in a row?

Is that right?

@Geoff Neupert

It’s super confusing how it is laid out, but I understood it as alternating every other day, for three workouts per week.

Week 1: ABA
Week 2: BAB

But, because the workouts for A and B aren’t static they also change, so it looks like

Week 1: A Day 1, B Day 1, A Day 2
Week 2: B Day 2, A Day 3, B Day 3

Just went back through my inbox and found the email. The Giant series was so incredibly terrific for me that I will purchase this program when I get home this evening. Having run quite a few programs as written, Geoff's stuff makes intuitive sense to me and, most importantly, is challenging but manageable. I'm looking forward to reading over the program and deciding when to start, as now is my busy time of year.

$39 is a small price to pay to have what is certainly a topnotch, innovative program in my hip pocket........

It’s super confusing how it is laid out, but I understood it as alternating every other day, for three workouts per week.

Week 1: ABA
Week 2: BAB

But, because the workouts for A and B aren’t static they also change, so it looks like

Week 1: A Day 1, B Day 1, A Day 2
Week 2: B Day 2, A Day 3, B Day 3
I think that depends on the program you run.

Hi; although I know this might not be the best place to ask however not very irrelevant as well since this thread gets attention of people experienced w Geoff’s programs.

Does any of his programs written to run 4 or 5 days a week?

I have very positive information about his programs but I believe I am still quite novice for some of his programs at this stage of my life (exercise experience) doing the same program 5 times a day works wonders for me (Such as NW, or S&S) though I can’t run S&S as written due to my mobility issues, when I practice anything S&S style, I feel much much better.

I think that depends on the program you run.
What’s the other one? I only see the monthly plan for schedule B on page 18. (Unless there was a miscommunication and you’re meaning Schedule A, I was only answering the question on the plan for Schedule B)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom