all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed EASY MUSCLE (Geoff Neupert)

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Hi; although I know this might not be the best place to ask however not very irrelevant as well since this thread gets attention of people experienced w Geoff’s programs.

Does any of his programs written to run 4 or 5 days a week?

I have very positive information about his programs but I believe I am still quite novice for some of his programs at this stage of my life (exercise experience) doing the same program 5 times a day works wonders for me (Such as NW, or S&S) though I can’t run S&S as written due to my mobility issues, when I practice anything S&S style, I feel much much better.
I don't know if 6 days a week is your thing, but there is the "better than nothing" program.

spend 5 minutes warming up.
Day A: set a timer for 10 minutes, and do as many swings as you can with good form.
Day B: set a timer for 10 minutes, and do as many getups as you can with good form.
rest as needed to maintain form.

alternate 3x / week, which runs 6 days a week.
3 days of swings, 3 days of getups.

You were mentioned several times in the mail & program. Which one of those programs did you do with this success?
I did the Giant and ran an "experiment" last summer combining the Giant with pull ups. It ended up irritating my elbows. He mentions using other implements and gives some great instruction and videos as to how to implement them. His programming works, I made great success using dumbbells for Kettlebell Strong ...
Went from 6 clean and presses with dumbbells to 12 using the Strong template.

The question I was responding to was on Schedule B.
I'll have to check again.

Does any of his programs written to run 4 or 5 days a week?
Kettlebell Burn Extreme is 6x per week.
STRONG! and the "One" can combined as a 4x per week plan.
The plans in Strength Shortcuts are mostly 5x per week, twice per day. This would probably be the best fit for you.

@Hrungnir with respect to schedule B I believe Geoff wrote that you do the first 2 exercises as an "A" day then the next two exercises on a "B" day and you start week 1 with "A" on Monday ... "B" on Wednesday...."A " again on Friday.......the next week would be "B" Monday, "A" Wednesday and "B" Friday.......

@Hrungnir with respect to schedule B I believe Geoff wrote that you do the first 2 exercises as an "A" day then the next two exercises on a "B" day and you start week 1 with "A" on Monday ... "B" on Wednesday...."A " again on Friday.......the next week would be "B" Monday, "A" Wednesday and "B" Friday.......
Thank you

I don't know if 6 days a week is your thing, but there is the "better than nothing" program.

spend 5 minutes warming up.
Day A: set a timer for 10 minutes, and do as many swings as you can with good form.
Day B: set a timer for 10 minutes, and do as many getups as you can with good form.
rest as needed to maintain form.

alternate 3x / week, which runs 6 days a week.
3 days of swings, 3 days of getups.

:) brilliantly simple…

Yeah that works too. The most common complaint with IF and building is that eating required protein can cause some gastric issues. Spreading it out will help with that and optimize MPS a bit, but really if you can get it all in at once you should be fine.
For me eating protein in the form of foods never causes GI issues but protein powder no matter the kind always jacks my gut up. I’ve tried it all lol

If that's so, then it doesn't line up with the "Schedule B, Phase 1" chart also on p. 18. That chart seems to say you do Session A and B every day for 6 days in a row, for each of Weeks 1 through 4.

If that's so, then it doesn't line up with the "Schedule B, Phase 1" chart also on p. 18. That chart seems to say you do Session A and B every day for 6 days in a row, for each of Weeks 1 through 4.
Well, I may have misinterpreted it. I'm not home right now and don't have access to free time to read it over. I apologize for any confusion from my interpretation. If it's really set up for 6 days a week I have a suggestion......use a more challenging set of bells for cleans and overhead work and do 3 days a week. YMMV of course!

Look at the monthly plan, it explains how the days line up with the three day ABA BAB schedule.

Yeah, I looked at it again.....Schedule B phase 1 is .....A B A in week 1 and B A B in week 2 and this pattern repeats in week 3 and 4. The target reps for each session are shown on the boxes showing Day 1, 2, 3, Etc.

I'm not going to push it, the exercise choices really agitate my older shoulder joints! I'm probably going to hit up Schedule A with a different approach, either new implement or movement. I have to finish up "Strong" Phase2 before I do anything else.

Yeah, I looked at it again.....Schedule B phase 1 is .....A B A in week 1 and B A B in week 2 and this pattern repeats in week 3 and 4. The target reps for each session are shown on the boxes showing Day 1, 2, 3, Etc.

I'm not going to push it, the exercise choices really agitate my older shoulder joints! I'm probably going to hit up Schedule A with a different approach, either new implement or movement. I have to finish up "Strong" Phase2 before I do anything else.
Thanks, John. Those charts make it needlessly confusing. I’m going to have to make my own chart showing what the actual exercises and reps are for each day of the week.

Back
Top Bottom