all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed EASY MUSCLE (Geoff Neupert)

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Not going to break rule of buying a program whilst on another one. Currently on Giant 3.0 and really enjoying it. Works well with Bjj.
How are people finding recovery on EM?
With the Giant 3.0 I find it doesn’t interfere with energy for roger activities like BJJ, hill walking etc.
Since EM is not just 1 exercise, the volume is lower and you’re never hitting it 3x a week like Giant. For this reason recovery so far has been better IMO.

I hope everyone is doing well. This is my first post and wanted to share my results.

Finished phase one of schedule A:

Week 1 - total reps 180 for the 3 sessions
Week 2 - total reps 195 for the 3 sessions
Week 3 - total reps 210 for the 3 sessions
Week 4 - total reps 225 for the 3 sessions
I added a extra set each week and time. Started on week 1 in the lower 20 min and by week 4 I was up on the higher 20.
Added a few sets of dips of low reps after the main session as well.
Started with the suggested RM and tested my RM at the end of week 4 and it was a good 13 :) very pleased with the results.

Also lost about 5-6 pounds around the same time. I gave up added sugar (natural sugar allowed). Wow it sucks how many things have added sugar lol. This put me in a slight calorie deficit as I cut out snacking on junk.

Starting phase two next and my plan is to cut a few seconds from each set as I have reached the maximum time. Will be dropping the dips and adding pull ups for this phase.
Will update when finished.

Getting ready to dive into schedule B, tested pullup RM today and was happy with a solid 9, could have managed an ugly 10, I'll have it in the bag by the time I start. Tested my ring dips and couldn't manage a single one. I'm thinking of swapping them out for pushups instead, as my pushup game isn't very strong (15 RM or so)

Anybody see any gaping holes in this plan?

Reactions: Bkb
Getting ready to dive into schedule B, tested pullup RM today and was happy with a solid 9, could have managed an ugly 10, I'll have it in the bag by the time I start. Tested my ring dips and couldn't manage a single one. I'm thinking of swapping them out for pushups instead, as my pushup game isn't very strong (15 RM or so)

Yes it’s great!

For push ups, just multiply 15 by .4, .5 and .6. Those will be your reps per set on the three different days (as per Geoff’s email).

GL!

Question - Just finished Schedule A, Phase 1. Do you think a deload week is a good idea before starting Phase 2?

Hello everyone!
I am finishing The Giant, and I am very happy with this program and the results obtained (I have lost fat, gained muscle and strength).
I had planned to do some MKM program and then return to another cycle of The Giant.
With the appearance of Easy Muscle I have some doubts:
1) Do MKM and then The Giant again.
2) Do MKM and then Easy Muscle.
3) Forget MKM and do Easy Muscle.
I would like to hear your opinions.
Thank you very much.
I would do mkm then easy muscle schedule b. I always get great results from mkm. I’m in week 4 of clean em up and my wife already noticed how i changed.

Question - Just finished Schedule A, Phase 1. Do you think a deload week is a good idea before starting Phase 2?
Personally, I am not. I’m going straight into Phase 2. The cycling should be okay with backing down the RPE after phase 1. A deload after the 8 weeks would make sense and is what I’m planning to do.

Can you get parallel dipping bars instead of rings?

Rings add a whole 'nother level of stabilization not needed on the bars.

Can you get parallel dipping bars instead of rings?

Rings add a whole 'nother level of stabilization not needed on the bars.
Not readily unfortunately Geoff, I'm making do with the kids monkey bars at the moment. I'll have a bit of a think and see if I can come up with a better idea.

Back
Top Bottom