all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed EASY MUSCLE (Geoff Neupert)

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Not readily unfortunately Geoff, I'm making do with the kids monkey bars at the moment. I'll have a bit of a think and see if I can come up with a better idea.
Whenever I need dips and I only have monkey bars as an option, I just climb up and use the rungs as my dip bars. Are yours too wide/narrow to be useful?

Not readily unfortunately Geoff, I'm making do with the kids monkey bars at the moment. I'll have a bit of a think and see if I can come up with a better idea.
Whenever I need dips and I only have monkey bars as an option, I just climb up and use the rungs as my dip bars. Are yours too wide/narrow to be useful?

A bit on the narrow side, I thought of that too. I did however, find a solution in the shed. @Geoff Neupert you can add saw horses to your list of improvised dip equipment

Attachments

• 20220914_192706.jpg
    20220914_192706.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 39
Getting ready to dive into schedule B, tested pullup RM today and was happy with a solid 9, could have managed an ugly 10, I'll have it in the bag by the time I start. Tested my ring dips and couldn't manage a single one. I'm thinking of swapping them out for pushups instead, as my pushup game isn't very strong (15 RM or so)

Anybody see any gaping holes in this plan?
kind of a late reply but i'd like to suggest ring pushups and supinate (rotate outwards) your wrists in the top position. another option is to lower the rings so your feet are on the floor for your dips and work your way up to full body weight. again, supinate your wrists at the top position.

So I've done plenty of C&P in the last 2 years but I'm currently on week 6 of EM schedule A and I'm finding my elbows and wrists aren't happy. I'm not pounding my wrists so its not that but when I twist them for various reasons, mostly the left, its a bit sore.

Anyone else get these issues and/or have solutions other than taking a break from C&P for a bit (which I might just do)? Maybe switching to B and cutting down on the C&P volume would suffice.

So I've done plenty of C&P in the last 2 years but I'm currently on week 6 of EM schedule A and I'm finding my elbows and wrists aren't happy. I'm not pounding my wrists so its not that but when I twist them for various reasons, mostly the left, its a bit sore.

Anyone else get these issues and/or have solutions other than taking a break from C&P for a bit (which I might just do)? Maybe switching to B and cutting down on the C&P volume would suffice.
I had the same issue when I started doing the C&P. I watched one of GN's videos on C&P technique and realized that my elbows were "floating." Once I cleaned up my technique my elbows and wrists became much happier.

I would post a form check, as T_T states it is probably related to that. However, running any program you are going to have various niggles at any given point. If your wrist isn’t giving you any problems and is just sore when you do a specific movement (and not sore enough to be a detriment) I wouldn’t worry about it.

I would post a form check, as T_T states it is probably related to that. However, running any program you are going to have various niggles at any given point. If your wrist isn’t giving you any problems and is just sore when you do a specific movement (and not sore enough to be a detriment) I wouldn’t worry about it.
Hell yeah! No pain no gain!

ahh...it hurts to type that. ;)

Getting ready to dive into schedule B, tested pullup RM today and was happy with a solid 9, could have managed an ugly 10, I'll have it in the bag by the time I start. Tested my ring dips and couldn't manage a single one. I'm thinking of swapping them out for pushups instead, as my pushup game isn't very strong (15 RM or so)

use a band to aid the ring dips?

After some opinions here. Should I go with 32kg goblet squat or 2x16kg kettlebell front squat? Both are about my 10TRM.

Pros/cons of both please? I'm leaning towards the DKBFS as I'd like to improve my rack position.

Last edited:
Hello. I have done The Giant, adding one or two exercises to each session (Bench press, Squat, Deadlift, Row). The results obtained have been satisfactory. I wonder if with Easy Muscle I will achieve different results.

After some opinions here. Should I go with 32kg goblet squat or 2x16kg kettlebell front squat? Both are about my 10TRM.

Pros/cons of both please? I'm leaning towards the DKBFS as I'd like to improve my rack position.
Dkbfs is harder I think for the same weight, because your two arms are working individually. My squat is woefully weak now, I tried The giant with 2x20 earlier in the year ( or late last year ) and was so humbled at dbkfs, I ran away crying in the corner. I squat body weight ( 100kg ) on a barbell a few years ago and while that’s not very good, it was more than 2x20kg bells so it was humbling.

I've started schedule A again. Did the first 3 weeks. In the 4th week I got sick which kept me for 2 weeks from training (first week sick, the 2nd I felt too weak). The week after that I went on holiday. Now I wanted to pick it up again, but if felt safer to start from week 1 again, and not only week 4 and then start phase 2.
I do schedule A and as extra exercise I added squats. But I was curious if anyone does the optional core work.
The thing is, I like the shorter sessions. If I add 5 sets of corework, like Geoff suggests, it adds easlily 10 minutes or more to the session. And I don't always have the time to add in 3 extra (shorter) sessions for only core work. So I was curious if people are adding the core sessions and what the results are. Does it add much, or are sessions complete as they are without the added corework?

I've started schedule A again. Did the first 3 weeks. In the 4th week I got sick which kept me for 2 weeks from training (first week sick, the 2nd I felt too weak). The week after that I went on holiday. Now I wanted to pick it up again, but if felt safer to start from week 1 again, and not only week 4 and then start phase 2.
I do schedule A and as extra exercise I added squats. But I was curious if anyone does the optional core work.
The thing is, I like the shorter sessions. If I add 5 sets of corework, like Geoff suggests, it adds easlily 10 minutes or more to the session. And I don't always have the time to add in 3 extra (shorter) sessions for only core work. So I was curious if people are adding the core sessions and what the results are. Does it add much, or are sessions complete as they are without the added corework?
Are you doing Front Squats? If so, that can be considered core work... I am not sore where Geoff suggests 5 sets of it.

I think squats are plenty. Maybe finish with one high rep set of Dead Bugs, or one set of 5 of Ab Wheel Rollouts, if you feel that would be beneficial (Dan John's recommendation for Even Easier Strength).

If you are crunched for time and want extra core work, maybe do 3x 10 seconds of the hardstyle plank. Can be done anywhere, while cooking, etc.

Are you doing Front Squats? If so, that can be considered core work... I am not sore where Geoff suggests 5 sets of it.

I think squats are plenty. Maybe finish with one high rep set of Dead Bugs, or one set of 5 of Ab Wheel Rollouts, if you feel that would be beneficial (Dan John's recommendation for Even Easier Strength).

If you are crunched for time and want extra core work, maybe do 3x 10 seconds of the hardstyle plank. Can be done anywhere, while cooking, etc.
Yes, I do the DFS.
In the QA of Easy Muscle, in question 8 he talks about the extra ab work. He gives 2 exercises and a range of 5 sets.

The addition of Hardstyle plank is also a good one, if I can't find the time for the 5 suggetes sets by Geoff.

I thought about it but my abs are fried from the C&P to be honest.

Make sure the rings are close to your body.Grip them hard and keep the entire body tight/rigid.Start with partials until you can get a full rep.

Anyone successfully complete Schedule B yet? Scoured Reddit and SF and it seems there aren’t any results/reviews yet. I know it was only released recently. Maybe not even 8 weeks ago. But… anyone?

Back
Top Bottom