all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed EASY MUSCLE (Geoff Neupert)

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
@bangtguh why not do Giant 1.2 and then you can run either Schedule A or B with a heavier pair.

To be honest the rep scheme in 1.2 scared me .
But now that I'm on last week of 1.1 it seems less daunting.
I might run 1.2 with the 'guardrails' and extra exercise a la Schedule A after this.

I think all programs are for either 5RM or 10RM bells so I would use a new set of bells as assume they’re now >10RM.
I have a single 20kg which I used for Giant 3.0 and it's my 7-8RM now. Might need to wait a week for my second 20kg to make it a pair for schedule B.

I've been running various Giant blocks for 6 months. I finally bit the bullet and purchased Easy Muscle.
I'm still on my last week of Giant 1.1, what EM schedule should I run after this? From what I understand Schedule A is like a Giant 1.05 (a bridge between 1.0 and 1.1) but since I already run the 1.1 I don't think I need to do it again, do I?
Should I jump straight to Schedule B or run Phase 2 of Schedule A with extra exercise?

Any advice @Geoff Neupert ?
What @Hrungnir said. :)

Just finished Essy Muscle Schedule A.
I tested today and achieved 10 reps with 45 kg barbell, up from 12 reps with 40 kg at the start.
Volume wise, I did 24 sets of 5 in week 8 compared to 19 sets in week 4, which I'm pretty happy with as an improvement.
For weeks 4 and 8 I used some cocktail sticks as counters. Moving sticks between two bowls so that I couldn't see the tally building. The other weeks I used my phone to log sets and tried to beat the previous week.
I also tested my 28 kg KB MP and got 7 reps compared to this summer's best of 6 reps.
:)

So, yesterday I wiffed pretty hard on Week four, 7 rep day. By the end, my sets were 6, and even 5 in one case, since I stopped the set when I hit the autoregulation signposts.
Ah well. "Another day, Highlander!!"
(dating myself with that quote...)

I'm in Week 2 of Schedule C.

Next week is Thanksgiving week. I'll be spending more time with family than working out.

So do I just put in some Week 3 practice, since I won't be doing the full week, then do the full Week 3 the following week?

I'm in Week 2 of Schedule C.

Next week is Thanksgiving week. I'll be spending more time with family than working out.

So do I just put in some Week 3 practice, since I won't be doing the full week, then do the full Week 3 the following week?
Could you fit in 3x 20min sessions? Be 30mins end to end probably

I could do Monday and that's it.

Because, Thanksgiving.
Sorry, we don't have thanksgiving in Australia, so I'm not sure what it involves. Just do Monday and then pick up the other 2 sessions next week? Or chuck in some easy 10min iron cardio sessions where you can just to get everything flowing.

It's a good program to not stress about missing days with I find. Think of it as extra recovery

Thanksgiving in the US is one of the holidays in which people spend time with their families. This goes hand in hand with travel, and thus Thanksgiving week is notorious for heavy traffic volume.

In the ideal world, we follow Easy Muscle on schedule, and at the end, bask in the praise of loved ones as they admire our enlarged muscles.

In the real world, things come up, whether it's family events so you have to travel, something work related happens, etc. and thus a full week of training is not possible.

In the past when such a thing happens, I either repeat the interrupted training week, or just restart the program. I was just curious as to what Geoff's recommendation would be here.

Maybe my family traditions don’t take Thanksgiving as solemnly, but why couldn’t you do Monday/Friday/Sunday? Or at least Monday/Saturday?

I can't edit the previous post, but correction to previous post:

What to do if you cannot put in 3 days (non-consecutive, per Easy Muscle guidelines) of training within a given week - regardless of the reason(s). I previously posted what I have been doing, but am open to suggestions from Geoff Neupert.

I can't edit the previous post, but correction to previous post:

What to do if you cannot put in 3 days (non-consecutive, per Easy Muscle guidelines) of training within a given week - regardless of the reason(s). I previously posted what I have been doing, but am open to suggestions from Geoff Neupert.
I had an 8 day break halfway through week 3 (24/10 - 31/10), and just picked up again where I left off. Didn't notice any ill effects.

I've never lost gainz for not completing a full week of training under any program.

I'll just repeat Week 3 as stated earlier, unless I get different guidance from Geoff
I think you are asking relevant questions here.

In my opinion just repeating the week is the safest bet. Your body might even thank you, and your progress might even be better, given that your body has some extra recovery days -- and 6 days of not training are not enough to lose your gainz.

Sure, you could just go on, but at the risk of having to jump too high for the next phase.

hello, sorry have to ask about the B workout: chin ups set then dips set back to back. Or do you do 10 mins of chin ups and 10 mins of dips? thanks for help

S
hello, sorry have to ask about the B workout: chin ups set then dips set back to back. Or do you do 10 mins of chin ups and 10 mins of dips? thanks for help
Set timer for 20 minutes and alternate between them. I’m sure it would work doing 10/10 as well though.

I ran Easy Muscle Schedule A from October 10 to December 2 using double 16 kg kettlebells for the clean and press, and my additional exercise was always the double front squat with 20 kg bells.
My weekly totals for the clean and press:
Week 1169Week 2191
Week 3224Week 4238
Week 5243 [This surprised me.]Week 6263
Week 7276Week 8288

My weight dropped from an average of 225 lbs for the week starting October 10 to a 220 lbs average for the week starting November 21. But it then went back up to a 222 lbs average for the last week. I am satisfied with my body composition changes.

Retesting today I got 10 reps with double 20 kg bells. And a solid 5 reps per hand with a single 24 kg bell.

I am impressed with the results that I got.

Back
Top Bottom