all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed EASY MUSCLE (Geoff Neupert)

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
I have a question about schedule B. There are four exercise (two on each day).

In terms of auto regulation. Let’s say I have two exercises I alternate on a given day, A & B. I do five sets of each. I’m out of gas on exercise B but have the ability to do more sets of A.

Do I keep going on exercise A only? Or am I done for the day?

Just leave this here.

@Geoff Neupert , maybe you‘d like to give a few words for understanding if and what differs to your original product and which to choose in which case, if one is on the fence. Thanks in advance!

I have a question about schedule B. There are four exercise (two on each day).

In terms of auto regulation. Let’s say I have two exercises I alternate on a given day, A & B. I do five sets of each. I’m out of gas on exercise B but have the ability to do more sets of A.

Do I keep going on exercise A only? Or am I done for the day?
@DrFierce,

My apologies - I missed the notification on this.

Good question.

Your choice.

I'd probably pack it up for the day, especially if it's the first time it ever happened. Probably an "off" day.

If it happens routinely I'd question your load selection on B.

Hope this helps.

Just leave this here.

@Geoff Neupert , maybe you‘d like to give a few words for understanding if and what differs to your original product and which to choose in which case, if one is on the fence. Thanks in advance!
Great question, @Brookes.

I upgraded the "Strong & Fit" version to 3x 12 week programs from the original 3x 8 week programs.

And I am no longer selling the original product. The sales pages still exist, but they lead to the new "Strong & Fit" product.

Hope that helps.

Really glad I did the 6 weeks of Strong! Foundation before starting Schedule A.

First session was the first ever time I did double-KB clean and press. I anticipated the energy cost would be higher than separate sets of cleans and presses but experiencing it is another thing. Without the previous 6 weeks, I don't I'd have the conditioning to do 20 minutes of double C&P, even with the generous amount of rest I was taking between sets, per guard rails.

I did 2 sets of OS Dead Bugs and Side Lying drills from Manly Mobility for warmup, and the Prone and Supine drills for cooldown.

Starting my 3rd week. Volume is steadily going up as my body acclimates. Warmup is double KB farmer's walk, then practicing "zipping up" the cues to prep for a double press.

I finally paid up for the full version of P3 (Sore Joint Solution). So far my shoulders have held up despite not being able to press both KBs to full lockout. But I realized I needed to step up my P3 mobility practice. I progressed to Supine Level 3, Side Lying Level 2, and Prone Level 2 or 3 - not sure which is which as the video says one thing and the PDF says the opposite. So far I'm going with elbows under shoulders as the more advanced level because all other literature I've seen on this position says elbows in front of shoulders are easier than in line under shoulders.

For now after each session, I do 2 sets of 10 sec. of waiter's carry per arm to work on the locked out arm, then do assisted brachial hang for at least 20 sec. I then do an abbreviated P3 session and then retest the brachial hang.

I do the full P3 session where I do 4 sets of dead bugs and try for 30 breaths and all that stuff on my recovery days.

Anyone have a link to a PDF for this program or know where to find it on the site?
Video's take a while to get through ... just bought this yday
Bonus if there are spreadsheets for the workouts ...

I have a question about RPE and going up in weight.
I‘ve finished schedule A with 16kg. In the last week I did 9 sets of 7 in 20 Minutes without much difficulty . Now I‘ve switched to 20kgs. I was able to do ten reps, but the bells feel really heavy.
In the last session I did 6sets of 6 in 20 min. The session itself felt manageable (RPE 7). But the last sets were definitely closer to an RPE of 8 or 9. Is this acceptable, or should I switch to lower reps? (Maybe dry fighting weight?)

I‘ve finished schedule A with 16kg. In the last week I did 9 sets of 7 in 20 Minutes without much difficulty . Now I‘ve switched to 20kgs. I was able to do ten reps, but the bells feel really heavy.
In the last session I did 6sets of 6 in 20 min. The session itself felt manageable (RPE 7). But the last sets were definitely closer to an RPE of 8 or 9. Is this acceptable, or should I switch to lower reps? (Maybe dry fighting weight?)
Lower reps for sure! Sets of 3-5.

It’s acceptable

Completed Week 3 (Schedule A) with total reps of 45 or higher per session. I noticed an increase in appetite compared to previous weeks when total reps were 40 or less.

After 6 weeks of Kettlebell Strong! Foundation and 3 weeks of Easy Muscle, my right shoulder has been holding up fine. This was the shoulder injured about a year ago, so that I couldn't do any overhead pressing until earlier this year. However my left shoulder which was injured in 2020 has been feeling a little less stable, with an occasional dull ache. I have not yet achieved full lockout in the double KB clean-and-press. I read that lack of full lockout may stress the shoulder joints.

So for the Friday session, I decided to switch from double KB training to single KB. Full lockout on single KB press is within my capability. Removing one possible cause of shoulder irritation outweighs the desire for faster muscle growth promised by double KB work. The following day, my left shoulder felt more stable. So I will stick with single KB C&P for the remainder of the Easy Muscle training block.

So for the Friday session, I decided to switch from double KB training to single KB. Full lockout on single KB press is within my capability. Removing one possible cause of shoulder irritation outweighs the desire for faster muscle growth promised by double KB work. The following day, my left shoulder felt more stable. So I will stick with single KB C&P for the remainder of the Easy Muscle training block.
Wise decision, I wish I could teach younger me to do that sort of thing

This is my experience with Easy muscle
I did schedule C twice and schedule B once. My weak exercise was the chin ups, where I was able to do only 5 reps at the beginning. At the end, finally, I get the 10 reps.
I did schedule C during a period when I wasn't able to press due to a little pain on my left shoulder, I think that the dips and the chin ups speed up my recovery. Then I did schedule B, but with clean and jerk instead of clean and press (because I am falling in love with this exercise).
I found schedule B more enjoyable of C and I certainly gained some muscles, more than any other programs in the past and in relatively "Easy" way, like the name of the program promised.
Now I switched to a more focused program on running (I maintain some easy running session also during Easy Muscle) and A+A LCCJ based on KBSF book but I would like to repeat Easy Muscle maybe after the summer

I am doing easy muscle again
Start point double 20kg kb. Number of repetitions around 60 in 30 minutes

After 4 weeks volume increase to 110 in 30 min
I also make test after today workout and found 7 repetition with double 26,26kg .
I believe program works .
Geoff again ths for program. I will try to check max 20,20 in next 4 weeks

I may be late to the game but I recently bought Easy Muscle. I tried DFW twice as a free sample (and it does what it says it will do) so I look forward to dining on EM as a main course.

When I ran through Dry Fighting Weight I did sets as soon as I knew I could make all the reps. Now I have to figure out the differences between Rate of Perceived Exertion and I would I prefer the certainty of using numbers. Please tell me if my plan is reasonable for Easy Muscle:

RPE7: Observe the guardrails then wait 30 seconds for the next set
RPE8: Observe the guardrails then wait 15 seconds for the next set
RPE9: Consider the guardrails then do the next set immediately

Right now I'm almost done with a short strength program to get my kettlebell press max to line up with Schedule A's official starting RM. I look forward to starting the Easy Muscle journey!

I completed Easy Muscle Schedule A, which is clean-and-press only. This is with single 16kg kettlebell, as I was forced to acknowledge that I lacked the mobility for safely executing double KB C&P. I gained 1/4" in arm diameter and 1/2" in chest diameter, as measured with sewing tape measure.

Some folks on the r/kettlebell subreddit thought my pulling strength would suffer from C&P only hypertrophy work. Turns out they were wrong. My previous PR in the seated row, as measured on Isochain/IsoMax was 159.4 lbs. Now my seated row is in the 185lb. range.

My overhead press may have also gone up, but I'll do a couple more sessions to make sure that the force number I hit on Friday wasn't just an anomaly.

Back
Top Bottom