all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Eating at the SFG certification?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Congrats! You will love it.

It's a good idea to bring some snacks. There are usually good food options close by and there is a lunch break. You can bring a water bottle and presumably coffee in, if you set it aside with the rest of your stuff.

The main thing I've found is that the food options are adequate, but not optimal as matched to your performance. You end up compromising for time, convenience, available options, socializing, etc. So it's worth the extra effort to plan ahead and bring your meal if that's important to you.

I hear what @Steve Freides says about food but probably for the first two days would take no chances, I was a self contained unit with my food and coffee well stocked complete with choices to eat heavy or light depending on what my body needed, thankfully the SF team had plenty of water on hand because I drank a few gallons of it I'm sure.
There are scheduled eating and breaks where you may have a chance to pound a protein bar with a few sips of coffee, (heaven for me).
Don't worry you'll be well taken care of as they beat the )*&%$$&^%^$%W out of you ROFL JK, it's very well planned and run so all you need to worry about is learning and performing at a high level.

I hear what @Steve Freides says about food but probably for the first two days would take no chances, I was a self contained unit with my food and coffee well stocked complete with choices to eat heavy or light depending on what my body needed, thankfully the SF team had plenty of water on hand because I drank a few gallons of it I'm sure.
There are scheduled eating and breaks where you may have a chance to pound a protein bar with a few sips of coffee, (heaven for me).
Don't worry you'll be well taken care of as they beat the )*&%$$&^%^$%W out of you ROFL JK, it's very well planned and run so all you need to worry about is learning and performing at a high level.
Great - that's what I was looking for - thanks for the info!

There is no way I'd pass up eating in NYC, especially if it's not a place you visit often. There are plenty of delis and bodegas where you can get a decent sandwich for a reasonable price.

-S-
worked there for 30 years - just interested in how the day is broken up to see if there will be structured breaks to run out and get stuff or should be prepared to have something quick at hand. thanks for the reply.

Congrats! You will love it.

It's a good idea to bring some snacks. There are usually good food options close by and there is a lunch break. You can bring a water bottle and presumably coffee in, if you set it aside with the rest of your stuff.

The main thing I've found is that the food options are adequate, but not optimal as matched to your performance. You end up compromising for time, convenience, available options, socializing, etc. So it's worth the extra effort to plan ahead and bring your meal if that's important to you.
Thank you for the reply - kinda what i thought, but wasnt sure how the day would be structured.

worked there for 30 years - just interested in how the day is broken up to see if there will be structured breaks to run out and get stuff or should be prepared to have something quick at hand. thanks for the reply.
There's usually a 1-hour lunch break, and several shorter breaks for bathroom/snack.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom