all posts post new thread

Barbell Ed Coan deadlift one day program

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

conor78

Level 6 Valued Member
Hi
I'm following a great program for the TSC which consists of S and S, FPP etc. I had set aside 2 days for a deadlift programme but with M Thai and then the S and S/FPP I was thinking about using a one day a week deadlift program. I plugged my numbers into an Ed Coan programme. Would this be a feasible way to train the DL for TSC or should I revert to a 2 day programme???

Tsampa.org: Coan-Phillipi 10 Week Deadlift Routine

@conor78, I'm not familiar with this program but I'd think you'd want to know how well your other training lines up with the other training expected for this DL program.

-S-

It's not bad but with everything else you have going on I think you might end up over training. At the moment I am deadlifting three days a week (Mon. Wed. Fri) using progressive singles. I start at 3 sets and add a set each training day. Once I reach 10-12 I add 10% and go down to three sets and start overI train pull ups and S&S either right after or on Tues. and Thurs. after BJJ.

Either way you go good luck with your training.

I'm following a great program for the TSC which consists of S and S, FPP etc.
@conor78, what's the "etc.?" If it's a TSC program you're following, doesn't it already address your deadlift as one of the TSC's components?

-S-

Hi Steve, it's a program that Ryan T has outlined over on the TSC forum. It will suit me as I can continue with S and S and FPP which suits from a time management goal as I can practice these at home. I have two slots during the week I can commit to every week and originally I was going to dedicate both of these to the DL. Ryan had mentioned PTTP 2.0 and another program which look great, but I want to keep my M Thai practice as well. I had a run of that E Coan program today. It was pretty tough and I took out the lat pull down as I'm getting enough with FPP. I'll run it for a cycle and see where it takes me. If it takes me to a 250kg DL I'll be delighted..

Hi Steve, it's a program that Ryan T has outlined over on the TSC forum.
Link, please?

I guess the question is for @Ryan Toshner, but does he see the need for another program along with his? Some programs, e.g., a lower body program, might say, "feel free to add a pressing program" but the TSC hits so many attributes - well, that's why I'd want to ask Ryan. And maybe you have, but I can't tell that for sure from what you've said so far.

-S-

@conor78 . I ran that routine when I was powerlifting and it's pretty tough. That program is deadlift specific in itself and depending on the volume and intensity of your S&S could be a bit much. I'm no expert at all but recall how I felt after it sometimes especially with heavier weights.

@conor78
It seems like it suppose to take you from 190kg to 240kg in 10 weeks... I can't even wrap my head around it... and by week to you already PRing with a double... is 190kg really is a current max or just heaviest tried recently?

Seems like huge increase to me, what am I missing??

Hi Steve, I fired Ryan a message over about whether this program would fit around the other practice. One day a week would suit my routine over the next few months. I would love to be able to use a 2/3 day programme but wouldn't be able to commit to it. @Timothy Friel I tried day one on Friday. It was tough and I've been pretty tired since Friday with a bit of DOMS. I really enjoyed the speed reps of 8×3 @145kg, gave me an opportunity to work on technique. @Shahaf I agree it seems like a big jump. Judging by Friday I feel I've 210kg in me as a max at the moment.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom