all posts post new thread

Kettlebell EDT training with KBs (and dumbbells)? - advice welcome

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
So did I , @Tirofijo . Did you post a training log, or do you have any thoughts? My log about DFW is in my sig block.
Thanks!

Yes, the DFW portion of my log starts here https://www.strongfirst.com/community/threads/tirofijos-training-log.9864/page-11#post-171588

Somewhere in there I explain why I used different size bells.

I also wrote my thoughts on the program here C&p and sq program

I read your log. Since you did ROP with 32kg, you are considerably stronger than me but we used the same weights for DFW. (sorta, I would have used double 24s if I wasn't dealing with the pinched nerve.)

How do you think you would have done with double 28s?

I was thinking about ROP (that I'm doing now) then Soju and Tuba and then DFW (hopefully with 28kg by then). Those are three very different programs and each would be a nice change of pace from the previous one.

Last edited:
After much, much, much trial and error, I've found the following combos quite effective:

Combo #1:
One front squat + one press/push press/jerk + one front squat. That's one rep.
Pull ups/inverted rows.

Add some swings/cleans/snatches as a finisher.

Make sure there is a brief pause (a couple of seconds) between the squat and the press. These are not neither thrusters nor long presses, but chained movements.

Combo #2:
Deadlift + one bent over row + deadlift. That's one rep.
Dips/push ups.

Add some farmer's walks/rack carries/overhead carries as a finisher.

Make sure there is a brief pause (a couple of seconds) between the hinge and the row. These are supposed to be rather strict movements (no body English at all). Also I tend to favor the hips-high deadlift (a kind of reverse RDL starting from the floor).

Doubling your squat and hinge reps ensures a nice, balanced progression between upper and lower body. And even if you can do the combos using a pair of Beasts, you can always add a weighted vest and/or chains, so only your lower body load is increased.

Last edited:
Hi guys

Anyone got a link to offical EDT program. I know theres a few different variations typed up. Would be great if point me in right direction guys

Do a 25 minute PR Zone, Military Presses and Double Rows
Another good one is Double Front Squat and Double Swings or Double Snatch. Or lunges and swings.

Do sets of 3-5. I've used it many times. The volume does start to catch up in week 4...

Could you run his for 6 weeks doing ABA reps being 3 first week 4 second week 5 third week then repeat or would it be too much?

Could you run his for 6 weeks doing ABA reps being 3 first week 4 second week 5 third week then repeat or would it be too much?

Don't worry about the number of reps per set, it's about TOTAL REPS. You don't want to burn out by repping out early. You could plan it as well. 25 minutes is 1500 seconds. Let's say you want to do 36 reps. That's 12 sets of 3. You need to do a new set every 125 seconds, which is probably too long of a rest, but I'm citing as an example. Next time you have to do at least 37 reps. 1 x 4, 11 x 3.

You can run it for 6 weeks, the issue is in 6 weeks, you need to do 9 more reps of each exercise than previously. It can be done, but I think 4 is a weeks is a better run.

Don't worry about the number of reps per set, it's about TOTAL REPS. You don't want to burn out by repping out early. You could plan it as well. 25 minutes is 1500 seconds. Let's say you want to do 36 reps. That's 12 sets of 3. You need to do a new set every 125 seconds, which is probably too long of a rest, but I'm citing as an example. Next time you have to do at least 37 reps. 1 x 4, 11 x 3.

You can run it for 6 weeks, the issue is in 6 weeks, you need to do 9 more reps of each exercise than previously. It can be done, but I think 4 is a weeks is a better run.
Ah thank you. Makes more sense the way you have explained it

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom