all posts post new thread

Barbell EES as a variation of PTTP?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

dk

Level 4 Valued Member
A common sentiment expressed on this forum is that one shouldn't try to chase too many rabbits at once (aka have too many goals that one is trying to achieve) since this will limit progress. Make sense and we see this in the design of the PTTP program with the two main lifts.

Having recently re-read PTTP and skimmed through ES, it dawned on me that the EES almost seems like a variation of PTTP with 5 lifts. In both we aim to keep the weights not too heavy most of the time and we limit ours sets and reps per lift and perform each lift every day. Is there a reason why EES is considered so successful but (I am guessing) most here would advise against doing PTTP with 5 lifts simultaneously?

I am hypothesizing that it has to do with the fact that EES is limited to 40 days or perhaps that there is a strong element of autoregulation in EES that is absent in PTTP. But I am interested in hearing from others about what they think makes it OK to have 5 goals in EES but not so in PTTP.

This is mostly a thought experiment since I am bored in the quarantine and taking a week off for recovery :)

I agree with Antti, as you near the end of a PTTP cycle where you are setting new PRs, the DL sets become down right brutal. (E)ES is nothing like that.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom