all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Electric lettuce

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deleted member 316

I'm curious what the Strong First community thinks about marijuana? Some people are for it (joe rogan, eddie bravo, etc) and others are adamantly against it. I think as long as you're not smoking like a chimney, abusing it, or have drug testing for your job it's not as bad as some would have you believe. I could be wrong.

IMHO it falls under the same category as alcohol, same purpose different tool(eg. barbell vs. kettlebell deadlift).

Under the guidelines of not abusing your body to much, some poison once in a while can be physiologically beneficial. Either cause it help dull the edge of things that are to edgy or just because it help your relax a little more. To paraphrase Dan John a little bit - the body and mind are one piece.

I get tested at my job, so no electric lettuce for me.

There are legit, definite and prescribed medical uses, then there is recreational use.
I have had positive benefits using salves and lotions that have a high CBD content. Sort of like Tiger Balm on steroids.
As far as recreational usage goes, I suppose the poison is in the dose.
And then there is the whole legal aspect.

Personal choice I guess.
Note: I don't have medical credentials, nor would I condone anyone engaging in any illegal activities.

Last edited:
Proudly voted yes to legalize it in November. Moderate user.

Full legalization would be one of the best things to ever happen to society.

With that said, yes I do think it is what gateway drug for young people.

Canada will start the process of legalizing recreational marijuana federally in April. It should be interesting to see how it goes hear. Here in Calgary the city is actively preparing rules and bylaws in preparation.

I did it when I was younger but not in quite a few years. I guess it would depend on the type, dose, and strength of marijuana, but it was detrimental to my training.

Last edited:
It's still federally illegal in the U.S. (still classified as a schedule 1 drug along with heroin as having no accepted medical benefit, an absolute joke).

It is going to be very interesting soon with a massively anti-cannabis Attorney General now in office.

The federal government will have to use states that have legalized it if they want it totally stopped. It will get ugly.

There is NO WAY that states like California (broke) and Colorado (making lots of money from it) will submit to the federal government.

In my state, Massachusetts, they will definitely give in if they are told to stop it. Our politicians are a joke and spineless and are already dragging their feet as far as the sale of cannabis goes.

I believe it is ultimately going to be legal across the US and ought to be already. Unless taken to an extreme it is far less harmful than alcohol if both are to be abused.

That said I don't much partake myself - if camping with the boys and someone produces a joint I'll take minuscule whiff sitting around the campfire - tho did smoke more when I was younger, it was a lot less potent then. The strains now are so strong I find it not enjoyable - like having a long pull off a bottle of Gin when all you wanted was to sip a beer.

Performance wise I definitely don't like it. Whether a modest amount is good or bad definitely an individual thing. I can't argue with Michael Phelps or Joe Rogan. Heck, even Bruce was known to eat some.

I don't use it, but IMHO it should be legalized, because as others have already said, when abused it's not as bad as alcohol, which is legalized in most countries.
Alcohol and tobacco are already legalized like forever, so you might aswell also legalize marijuana and earn tax money from it.

Here in Germany it won't be legalized in the near future. From what I understand the "beer lobby" is very strong in Germany and they fear that legal marijuana would compete with beer as a recreational drug (although 99% of Germans wouldn't call beer a drug), especially with younger people. So they fight it off with everything they have.

I actually find it quite fascinating that some states in the US already legalized it, because compared to Europe the USA are considered very conservative (alcohol only after 21, almost no legal prostitution and gambling, abortion debate, etc.).

Canada will start the process of legalizing recreational marijuana federally in April. It should be interesting to see how it goes hear. Here in Calgary the city is actively preparing rules and bylaws in preparation.

I did it when I was younger but not in quite a few years. I guess it would depend on the type, dose, and strength of marijuana, but it was detrimental to my training.

I am doubtful it will ever come to Canada. I think Trudeau was promising what ever he thought would get him elected. I'm disappointed I voted for the guy.

@Mark Kidd The government is starting the process in April, but it will take 2-3 years before anyone will be going to a store front and buying a joint.

Was a heavy user, everyday. It effects people differently like most things do. I know people who can smoke then work all day & others who smoke & can't get off the couch. I smoked because I was an angry human & didn't have the skills to deal with that. I found i was not real motivated while stoned, but that was mainly because I have an addictive personality so have trouble doing things in moderation. For periods that I had more control & would only use sparingly I found it would help me see things differently & from a different point of view which was a positive for me. It was also a great muscle relaxant & when used properly I found it helped with recovery from heavy training sessions. I know longer smoke because although I can see definite positives that can come from occasional use, I understand that I'm not strong enough to control it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom