all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Electric lettuce

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@dc

Very well said. It's nice to see someone be so self aware and not just give in to something.

I'm one of those that cannot get off the couch. I do it shortly before bed and only after all of the adult stuff for the day is done.

Do I want to partake every night? Yep.

Do I? Far from it.

@offwidth cheers mate. Only took a few decades to get that mindset & yes kettlebell strong. Being able to train everyday without injury gives me something else to focus on, I now look forward to s&s instead of drugs & alcohol. The best part is now my 6yr old son watches his dad train every afternoon rather than drinking & smoking so I'm setting a positive pattern for him aswell which is what I'm most proud of.
@MattM to be honest if I had more self control with it mate I'd be where you are at. I really did see a lot of benefits from occasional use, better sleep (have back injury) & better recovery from training (no scientific evidence just my experience). Ruptured a disc & herniated another 16yrs ago, pot got me off strong painkillers helped appetite when I couldn't eat & aided in a better sleep.

I used to use it too much, and it's helped me really mess up parts of my life on a couple of occasions, so now I keep it at an arm's length.

I have two (semi-redundant) rules for myself: (1) I never smoke alone, and (2) I never buy it.

I have good friends who like to smoke, and I still like it too, so I only ever smoke with those guys when we can. (Always throw them some money or a brew, as I hate being a mooch about anything.)

Edited to say: "Electric lettuce" is the best name I've ever heard for it, so thanks for that @HUNTER1313

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom