all posts post new thread

Barbell Eleiko Mini Barbells

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
They make any mini colored bumber plates for those?

You mean like the Rogue "circus dumbbell" bumpers?

rogue-dumbbell-bumpers-header3_1.jpg

No....see "patent pending" in above pic.

Although....lbs....ewww.

I plan to use regular rubber-coated barbell change plates.

They'll hold 40 kg per dumbbell, using 5 kg plates. Plus 5 kg for the dumbbell itself = 45 kg per arm.

That's getting into 1/2 bodyweight bicep curl territory for me.

Last edited:
You mean like the Rogue "circus dumbbell" bumpers?

rogue-dumbbell-bumpers-header3_1.jpg

No....see "patent pending" in above pic.

Although....lbs....ewww.

I plan to use regular rubber-coated barbell change plates.

They'll hold 40 kg per dumbbell, using 5 kg plates. Plus 5 kg for the dumbbell itself = 45 kg per arm.

That's getting into 1/2 bodyweight bicep curl territory for me.
Those are cool. I was being a wise a#@ with the mini colored Eleiko bumpers, which could substitute as a piece of art.

Looking forward to hearing about how they feel. The last set of dumbbells I bought (and sold) were a set of Powerblock adjustable dumbbells. They were decent if a little light (22.5kg each max) but I was happy to be rid of them once I had my first two kettlebells.

Looking forward to hearing about how they feel. The last set of dumbbells I bought (and sold) were a set of Powerblock adjustable dumbbells. They were decent if a little light (22.5kg each max) but I was happy to be rid of them once I had my first two kettlebells.

First real test drive will be tonight.

I'm supposed to do some KB presses as finisher accessory work after BB jerks. I'll sub in the dumbbells, see how it feels.

did don just solve hand care for the snatch ?
Reminds me of that Steve Martin movie. He invents a device to keep your eyeglasses from slipping down. It is a big hit and soon he is ballen. After a bit people go cross eyed . He is no longer ballen. He is walking around in his underwear holding a lamp and a dog named s*** Head.

They feel like absolute butter.

I didn't think having a rotating sleeve on a dumbbell would matter, but when I tried shoulder presses*, using a kettlebell style rack and spiral press, I could feel the difference.

Dumbbell cleans were smooooove.

*unexpectedly, equal weight dumbbell presses were much harder than the KB version, not sure if it's a neuro issue (haven't trained DB shoulder press in years), or a center of gravity issue

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom