all posts post new thread

Barbell Eleiko Power Lock Barbell

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
You may have "a dandy" now or whatever.
You cannot find the powerlock verison on their website-stores anymore that I see.

I bet they have temporarily discontinued them to keep up with demand for more 'normal' equipment during this rush to buy 'at home' equipment. No reason to turnout grooved sleeves and mess around with those collars ...when you can barely keep up with manufacturing regular bars I guess.

Even when things return to normal, say in a year or two, I wouldn't be surprised if they never make them again.

You may have "a dandy" now or whatever.
You cannot find the powerlock verison on their website-stores anymore that I see.

I bet they have temporarily discontinued them to keep up with demand for more 'normal' equipment during this rush to buy 'at home' equipment. No reason to turnout grooved sleeves and mess around with those collars ...when you can barely keep up with manufacturing regular bars I guess.

Even when things return to normal, say in a year or two, I wouldn't be surprised if they never make them again.

You may be right.

It may become a collectible.

Just saw that they have these in stock in the UK Eleiko store (https://shop.eleiko.com/en-gb/equipment/bars/weightlifting/3061180-eleiko-power-lock-weightlifting-bar-20-kg-men). They have a 15kg women's bar too.

Pricy, especially considering the collars aren't included, but it's a really gorgeous bar.

Huh.....mine came with the collars.

One downside of the bar is that the ridges make it harder to slide the plates off in a smooth motion if the bar is not parallel to the ground.

So I bought a cheapie bar jack so I wouldn't scrape up the grooves.

Just saw that they have these in stock in the UK Eleiko store (https://shop.eleiko.com/en-gb/equipment/bars/weightlifting/3061180-eleiko-power-lock-weightlifting-bar-20-kg-men). They have a 15kg women's bar too.

Pricy, especially considering the collars aren't included, but it's a really gorgeous bar.
Just an update:

That bar doesn't even show up on the USA-Eleiko-"home store" site; only in the EU/GB page Chris posted above. I'm in US. I emailed Eleiko direct to see if they can ship one over. Its seems like they are going to do it for me.....and they did warn that bar is not going to made anymore (parts, service); once the in-stock units are gone, thats it. 90 day wait! Just spittballing here but the only real difference on the bar is the sleeves; they probably just have grooved-sleeves lying around, waiting to be mated to a shaft.....and with the demand for barbell equipment (home use) in this pandemic... well .....

Rogue sells a similar thing here in the US. It hasn't been in stock since the beginning of the pandemic/lockdowns.
It just lists "out of stock". But I wouldn't be surprised if they just stop making it altogether. ....maybe not.
Eleiko seems to have bigger fish to fry; Rogue seems more amicable to make a lot of varied products.

Eleiko seems to have bigger fish to fry; Rogue seems more amicable to make a lot of varied products.

I think Rogue is also prioritizing high volume -- the stainless sleeve Pyrros bar has been on 'Coming Soon' status for over 6 months.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom