all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Enjoying Snatches and Bentpresses

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Matt L

Level 2 Valued Member
So I have been trying out snatching and bent-pressing, but not RSAS as I am still far from the required strength requirement of simple. But what I can say is I'm enjoying snatching and Bent pressing. I havent timed myself on my lifts but on weekdays I snatch my 20kgs and on Sundays I snatch my 24. For bent presses I keep it at 32kgs but I can comfortably bent press my 40kg if Im feeling strong on a sunday.

What other movements can I sprinkle into my routine? I was thinking some squats or maybe side or floor presses. what you guys think?

What is your goal first and foremost?
Hoping to build grappling and overall strength! I feel like the snatches work my grip and hips hard, plus it feels good on my shoulders. The bent press makes my torso feel real strong.

Should I add a more stricter press or go for more of legs sir Mark?

Hoping to build grappling and overall strength! I feel like the snatches work my grip and hips hard, plus it feels good on my shoulders. The bent press makes my torso feel real strong.

You can check out the program minimum squared by master SFG Jon Engum if you want..

I would also highly recommend posting vids of your practice so you can get feedback but as always, nothing beats hands-on instruction and even us instructors are not exempt from the rule. Every time I attend a strongfirst weekend or get to talk shop with a fellow SFG, I pick up a few gems

You can check out the program minimum squared by master SFG Jon Engum if you want..

I would also highly recommend posting vids of your practice so you can get feedback but as always, nothing beats hands-on instruction and even us instructors are not exempt from the rule. Every time I attend a strongfirst weekend or get to talk shop with a fellow SFG, I pick up a few gems

Hi Can I add bentpres to my A+A protocol?

I'm trying the snatch program from "the quick and the dead" and bent presses following Craig Marker's "waves of strength: Soviet-style periodization" as my template for sets and reps. The volume seems pretty low which I feel is good, but I just started with it so I can't say for sure.

Yeah and which range of sets amd reps do you use?
And generally for bentpres how many sets reps is good ?

I curentlly do S&S TGU 40kg 5x1
I generally do 5x2, occasionally 7x2 or even 5x1. Unless I'm doing RSAS the bent press is a compliment (to A&A) so I focus on just doing them rather than progression. I favour 2 teps over 1 for more time under tension.

I was kinda thinking of carries too but I don't have a pair super heavy bells for heavy farmers carries. Maybe a rack carry?

What i did is bought chains with hooks and chained 2 bells together. Its dificult to even out the weights for both sides and rather uncomfy to walk with but it works for me.

I suppose any kind of carry would work. And compliment your snatches and bent presses.

If you’re into grappling then I’d work the two-hands anyhow into your schedule.

Hi man
I didn't do swings at times but I have been doing tgu regularly for almost 7 years my record is 56kg dumbell with good form my BW (around 79-81kg)

But nowdays I read lot of information about Bentpress...
Froum yours experiences is this exercise good for GPP form of training what are the benefits of this exercise?

.Curenntly I do A+A regularly 4-5times a week .

Thanks

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom