all posts post new thread

Forum Business Enter the StrongFirst Training App

Problems, Questions, Suggestions
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
cmerrow
We are looking into that and will make announcements as we get closer to the time of adding content.

Thank you for your suggestion

Doese it include Plan Strong (and maybe even Built Strong) planning? If so, that would be cool.

Btw, for comparison: Subscribing to the Dan John workout generator and platform costs 29 USD / month.
I’m a subscriber to Dan John’s platform.
The workout generator is first class. In my opinion, worth the subscription price.

Hi, I live in France and I cannot find the App in the Android store...do you know why? Thanks.
The app is not a purely StrongFirst creation but rather uses a third party framework into which StrongFirst content is added. You won't find it in either the Apple or Android app stores as such.

-S-

It is available on the Android store:
Training App (by GymCloud) - Apps on Google Play
Once you register on the web portal you sign in on the app it will become the StrongFirst Training App.

... and

Looks like the correct link in the iOS side.

-S-

... and

Looks like the correct link in the iOS side.

-S-
I have it all set up. I just don’t know how to use it as far as I thought it would program workouts for me. Otherwise I dont Understand how to use it ugh lol

Brandon,
You select a program or practice to follow and schedule it.
Then perform the session(s) and track your sessions/metrics.

If you select a program you will follow it over several weeks following the loading, sets, reps etc... for the sessions.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

New plans will be added in the next couple of weeks.

We have added two plans to the StrongFirst Training App—Wave Cycles (2) and a new functionality with an Alternative Exercise option:

Wave cycles

Wave cycles were introduced in the iron game back in the 1980s, with Rick Gaugler being one of the pioneers of this methodology. Compared to the classic linear cycles, wave cycles take larger weight jumps from week to week, and then back off and start climbing again. Basically, three steps forward and two steps back. In addition to allowing great strength gains, wave cycles are a perfect fit for those who wish to maintain high strength levels for a long period of time.

Alternative Exercise Function

We are proud to announce a new feature on the StrongFirts Training App that will allow you to tailor many of our featured plans to your individual strength goals. Many of our plans will now include an alternative exercise option for selecting your main and/or accessory lifts from a drop-down menu, taking your experience with our training app to the next level.

Can I modify the training plans or create my own in the App? Just downloaded it and it is not obvious to me. Thanks.

Can I modify the training plans or create my own in the App? Just downloaded it and it is not obvious to me. Thanks.
Currently you enter different metrics (weight etc...) so the plan fits you but cannot modify or create your own at the moment.

hello, having resumed the subscription to the application, am I supposed to have access also to the dedicated section of the forum ? cordially

Considering subscribing to the app. When you choose a program, can you log your progress and are you prompted for weight progression? I'm thinking of attempting ROP. I could purchase ETK but the app is attracting me because of other content. Thanks.

Considering subscribing to the app. When you choose a program, can you log your progress and are you prompted for weight progression? I'm thinking of attempting ROP. I could purchase ETK but the app is attracting me because of other content. Thanks.
I asked Brett about ETK before...
ROP is not a program on the app (it was written back in the days before StrongFirst)...
But there are other Press programs

You are able to log, but I do not believe it prompts you on what to use for "today's workout"

I'm mid-cycle on ROP, and I plan and log my progress outside the app.
But I use the app for the mobility complex and S&S warmup before my ROP workouts.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Geoff

Lotto
As Geoff noted there are other pressing programs within the App and it does not "progress" you automatically. You record your metrics for the sessions and progress according to the program guidelines etc...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom