all posts post new thread

Forum Business Enter the StrongFirst Training App

Problems, Questions, Suggestions
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Be nice if the trial period was a month rather than a week. Let you get a good feel for everything in there.

Lotto
We will take a look at that—thank you for the suggestion.

When scheduling a program is there a way to schedule the whole program at once or do i have to go in schedule the individual days and workouts?

I asked Brett about ETK before...
ROP is not a program on the app (it was written back in the days before StrongFirst)...
But there are other Press programs

You are able to log, but I do not believe it prompts you on what to use for "today's workout"

I'm mid-cycle on ROP, and I plan and log my progress outside the app.
But I use the app for the mobility complex and S&S warmup before my ROP workouts.

Hope this helps.
So, Rop is not in the app because its outdated ?

New Programs Added
Check out the new free program Swing and Press Sandwich—Part 1, and the new premium program ABC—All Bases Covered.

Anthony
Which MP program are you looking into?

New Programs Added
Check out the new free program Swing and Press Sandwich—Part 1, and the new premium program ABC—All Bases Covered.

Anthony
The Kettlebell Military Press Strength Plan. I had the meniscus surgery like you last September and I was hoping to increase my press as volume Swings may be a bit to much on a knee with little cartilage and tons of arthritis.

Although the Swing and Press Sandwich does sound appealing as well

Last edited:
I think it could be a good choice while the knee heals up.

Are you going through physical therapy?

New Programs Added

Anthony
@Brett Jones - Good afternoon Sir, reference the Swing & Press Sandwich--Part 1 on the App - I understand the program, but have one question: On the medium day it prescribes a KB 8-kg lighter than the heavy day program. I know this applies to the press, but what are your thoughts on using the "heavy day kettlebell" for the swings on medium days? If this is a case of, "....just follow the program," I won't be offended! ;) Thank you, and I hope all is well.

@Brett Jones - Good afternoon Sir, reference the Swing & Press Sandwich--Part 1 on the App - I understand the program, but have one question: On the medium day it prescribes a KB 8-kg lighter than the heavy day program. I know this applies to the press, but what are your thoughts on using the "heavy day kettlebell" for the swings on medium days? If this is a case of, "....just follow the program," I won't be offended! ;) Thank you, and I hope all is well.
I believe the major difference for the swings on the plan is that on the medium day you only rest till you can pass the talk test (shorter rest periods) and on heavy days you rest till HR is almost back to normal and an extra minute after the sets of 6 on the MP.

So I think the same swing weight is acceptable.

Hi there,

I am not a certified instructor... yet... And this question is probably ten steps ahead of where I am, but it just came to me.

Is there a way for certified instructors to integrate the app into their own personal instructing practice? Not really even sure what that would look like, but maybe having the ability to create specific personalized programing for different clients?

Something like that. Just wondering because my barber was just showing me his app that his personal trainer uses and it looked VERY similar.

Thanks!

Why is a lap top the only way to cancel a subscription? I would like to try the app, but I only have a smartphone.

Hi there,

I am not a certified instructor... yet... And this question is probably ten steps ahead of where I am, but it just came to me.

Is there a way for certified instructors to integrate the app into their own personal instructing practice? Not really even sure what that would look like, but maybe having the ability to create specific personalized programing for different clients?

Something like that. Just wondering because my barber was just showing me his app that his personal trainer uses and it looked VERY similar.

Thanks!
The app that SF is using is the gym cloud app, which does exactly what you are wanting. You will just have to program in your client's workouts and provide them for them. https://gymcloud.com/software/

Hi there,

Thanks!
Kenny

We are evaluating this as a possibility.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom