all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Even Easier Strength

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

JeffC

Level 7 Valued Member
I have been around the forum about a year. I have seen the term easy strength discussed and mentioned a lot. I had never believed in it because what is easy about getting strong. I have been doing a program that is easy to me, maybe not Easy Strength exactly, based around PTTP.

https://www.strongfirst.com/community/threads/fat-dads-gym.8898/

It is working well. "Easy" was misleading to me. I did not try it because of that. There is nothing easy about lifting almost everyday with your perfect form, and generating as much tension as possible. The weights are supposed to be easy, that the easy part.

I have had this Even Easier Strength PDF http://danjohn.net/wp-content/uploads/EasyStrengthPaper.pdf http://www.davedraper.com/fusionbb/fbbuploads/1445386959-Even_Easier_Strength.pdf for a while, and never read it. I finally studied up on Easy Strength after trying it for a while, and I like it.

I am very intrigued by this program. I want to do it but I cannot commit to it right now. I will do another version of PTTP, but this is on my todo list when things normalize.

Anyone have experience with Even Easier Strength? Can it be done in an hour?

Last edited:
@Geoff Chafe, in your first link, to your training log, if you could post a link to the specific post where you talk about the program you mention, that would be helpful. If you clock on the post # in the lower right corner, exactly what you need will come up, already highlighted and ready for you to copy into your cut-and-paste buffer (Ctrl+C on a PC, Command+C on a Mac).

Thanks.

-S-

Hi Geoff,
Here's a comment from Dan John around what he found good about ES and time factor...

Easy strenght or ETK for ROP

I've been very interested in ES format too, especially training all 5 fundamental movements, and auto regulation. At the moment I'm running ROP, however I see this as a plan down the line that I will use!

@Geoff Chafe- Before I joined the forum last summer I did ES for six weeks and the results were great! @Dan John was pretty accurate when he says you hit your goal around day 20-23. The only thing I did different was I used the PTTP rep range of 5 with a back off set. I did neutral chin ups, bench press, deads, ab wheel and a carry of some type. Funny how I've switch things up and moved away from ES, my lifts dropped and I'm injured. Lol.

I did EES with deadlifts and strict press/bent press for a month. Played allot of beach volleyball that time and didn't account for the volume well (read lifted to heavy for my recovery state) so didn't made allot of progress, but made some. I stopped because my home setup is deadlift unfriendly at to much of my focus went to the setup...

I used EES principles in my deload weeks. 5 days, 5 exercises, 6-10 reps. For upper body it was ok, but squatting three days in a row even with little volume was too much for me. My legs need more rest days.
It's not an easy program and it was my mistake to do it as a light deload week.

I recently heard of DUP training by Dr. Mike Zourdos. You train the lifts as a skill, multiple times a week, and different weight and rep ranges. I have trained similarly for Olympic Weightlifting. Even Easier Strength sounds a lot like DUP training.

I am leaning toward trying Even Easier Strength. I like its principles. You get to work on multiple things at once. PTTP is great, but EES may be more of what I want.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom