all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Everything Heart Rate(s)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
So with CBT, you would get your HR up to a level that would trigger anxiety, and get progressively more comfortable with that?

I agree with Al in that I tend to think there are things you can do through other aspects of your physical training (breathing, walking, meditation) that can make more of a difference in anxiety reduction than battling the problem head-on.

So with CBT, you would get your HR up to a level that would trigger anxiety, and get progressively more comfortable with that?

I agree with Al in that I tend to think there are things you can do through other aspects of your physical training (breathing, walking, meditation) that can make more of a difference in anxiety reduction than battling the problem head-on.

Rather than beating a dead horse as to why his 'opinions' were invaild, I think we should just agree to disagree and please move on. It's sad that non-professionals have marred this experience by voicing opinions about issues they have zero professional experience with.

Your assumptions are incorrect, but yes we'll leave it at that.

How much walking do you do? Is it out in nature, away from society? How is your diet? How is the remainder of your stress reduction plan? What kind of breathing do you practice?

You answered,

1. I walk a lot.
2. Both
3. Diet is excellent
4. Sucks
5. Meditation from Headspace, etc

Number 4. You have a maladaptive response to stress, as you know. Inducing elevated heart rate without control and potentially bringing on the symptoms of a panic attack in the company of a kettlebell is not recommended.
Respectfully, stress management is by your own admission the concern. The advice to dial back the intensity is well intentioned considering your health issues.
A potential third way is to gradually induce elevated heart rate with a coach, or someone you can trust, using only bodyweight, running on the spot/ high knees or similar. Done in a safe environment and under control. A possible option but not yet. Low intensity and bringing your symptoms under control is first surely....then get better at managing them in a non threatening manner for your health and safety.

Your assumptions are incorrect, but yes we'll leave it at that.

Sure they are, Anna....:rolleyes:. Check out the book "The Folly of Fools." It explains a lot in regards to Self-Deception. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:
@jawamac
I'm passively reading this thread and I have to ask a question just out of curiosity.
You suffer from anxiety/panic attacks and when you work out and reach a certain HR you actually get another panic attack or it just feels like it's going to happen and then you stop, because you fear if you go on you're going to have an attack?

@jawamac
I'm passively reading this thread and I have to ask a question just out of curiosity.
You suffer from anxiety/panic attacks and when you work out and reach a certain HR you actually get another panic attack or it just feels like it's going to happen and then you stop, because you fear if you go on you're going to have an attack?

Hello, Kettlebelephant. While I would love to continue this post in regards to heartrate(s) based on exercise, I'm going to gracefully bow out of the discussion. Thanks again mate!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom