all posts post new thread

Old Forum Excuse me Steve Freides

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

dc

Level 7 Valued Member
My apologies for calling you out Steve. I was hoping you could give me a link to past discussions you may have had concerning your progression from back injury to lifting champion. I've mentioned once before that I had a similar injury 15yrs ago, & you're my inspiration/benchmark for what can be achieved. I'm 42yrs young & started s&s a few months ago. Things were progressing great, but then I fell into an old habit of trying to progress faster than I should & tweak my lower back. Nothing major, but it's been a regular problem in the past as I tend to get a head of myself. I have quite a bit of Pavels literature & will give you the list at the end. Once my back settles down I'm going to a physio to get a movement screening, as I know I have poor hip mobility & terrible hamstring flexibility. I'm just interested to know wether you started with stretching then core strength, or what your actual progression was. Books & DVDs I have of Pavels: s&s, relax into stretch (book+DVD), hard style abs (book+DVD)2nd edition bulletproof abs, ETK (book+DVD) fast & loose DVD, super joints(book+DVD),I know there's a bit there but I got a bit obsessed when I started seeing results (I have a bit of an obsessive personality). If you could give me some insight into your journey it would be greatly appreciated. As I mentioned I'm a bit of a fan, I was resigned to the fact that being relatively pain free & able to get back to work was achievement enough. But thanks to you I believe I can raise the bar much higher. After the movement screening I was hoping you could help me with a suitable progression of my own, as I too want to be much more than average. Sorry again for calling you out Steve, I just know you've walked the path already. Thanks in advance dc.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom