all posts post new thread

Nutrition Experience on Warrior Diet

What has been your experience with the Warrior Diet?

• B.) Strength gains

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D.) A & B

• F.) Fat Gain

• G.) Strength Loss

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Ryan T

Level 6 Valued Member
Certified Instructor
Poll to ask for experiences on the Warrior Diet. I have done this myself and it seems pretty popular in the SF community. Since this is a forum dedicated to mental and physical strength development and resiliency, I am curious to what your experiences have been.

A couple points:
  1. The refers to the Warrior Diet as outlined in the book and not the more common "Warrior Diet" floating around on the interweb which is simplistically 20:4 or 18:6 eating pattern.
  2. This is meant to be positive and neither pro or con. No arguing on what IF or Warrior Diet or is Warrior Diet IF etc... No inflammatory responses please.
Select all that apply. You've got two weeks. Go!

One meal per day suits me from a weight loss perspective as I seem to be better at not eating at all than eating less per meal but I've never felt comfortable on it so two meals per day is a better (maintenance) regime over the long term

Added a couple of other choices to make sure to represent the other side of the coin. Sorry I didn't included it first time around!

Cheers.

I chose both E and H. The reason behind this is because before I kicked my sugar/junk food addiction it decreased my sense of well being because I wasn't fueling my body correctly or safely.

Great Poll. I'm excited to see the replies.

From an analytics perspective - You might want to remove options D & E since you've allowed multiple answers. It will make the answers easier to review at a glance. (Just my moderately unrelated two cents...)

@Groove Greaser Yeah you are right. I realized that a little too late this AM. I couldn't remove E because it has votes so I figure I would leave them. I could probably remove the option for multiple responses but at this point I figure I'll let it roll.

I personally like the Warrior Diet/Intermittent Fasting style because it makes me independent of food and suits very well with my schedule. Best of all, being independent of breakfast allows me to sleep longer and saces me time because I never prepare food for the day even if I get to eat only at 7,8,9 in the evening. The most I carry around might be an apple or two or some a banana or two. If it really gets bad, some beef jerky or a protein bar.

What I have noticed: it makes you vigilant throughout the day and allows you to sleep well at night. So I would say the biggest point would be increased well being.
In terms of body composition it doesn't really do any better than traditional 3-4/meals a day. (Actually this might be even slightly superior if hypertrophy is the primary goal).

In terms of fat loss, I see a big bonus for the WD/IF because you get to eat a lot in 1-2 meals which is way more satisfying than 3-4 smaller meals.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom