all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Experiences with kettlebell mile

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Thinking about it, I have to take my own 2x24 bells to my gym. From the car to the gym floor, and back again. Definitely not a mile but good practice haha. If Australia actually gets normal weather again, I’ll get out to the park and do the mile again. The rain just won’t quit

@Pete L - Pete is that Towcester near Evenley in UK ?

I live in middle of nowhere in Australia and visit Evenley once a year and went to Wantage last year to get some coaching from an SFG.

Any other SFG coaches closer by where I could get some coaching next time ? Tried to send you a PM but PMs not working right now.
Where do you live bill? I live in shellharbour and the nearest SFG is an hour away.

Just finished my first kettlebell mile.

Here are the cliff notes:
The distance on the map was 1.2 miles.​
The weight was 24kg​
Finished in about 33 minutes.​
including the rack carry mitigated stress on the grip​
rested between hand switches​
waited till breath recovery set in.​
Lots more huffing and puffing than I'm used to.​
heart rate got up to 160-170 and mostly stayed there.​

Last edited:
I break it up into 4 x 400metres. Few quick breaths and a drink and go again. I haven’t done it in a while but I’m due as it’s almost summer now. It doesn’t feel like you’re exercising either haha. I’m tempted to do it this afternoon and finish with a swim !

Just finished my first kettlebell mile.

Here are the cliff notes:
The distance on the map was 1.2 miles.​
The weight was 24kg​
Finished in about 33 minutes.​
including the rack carry mitigated stress on the grip​
rested between hand switches​
waited till breath recovery set in.​
Lots more huffing and puffing than I'm used to.​
heart rate got up to 160-170 and mostly stayed there.​

HR seems quite high, but you're younger than me.

(I can't usually break 160 these days even during HIIT)

Was this on flat ground?

Did it this afternoon after work. I did The wolf this morning before work but felt pretty good. It’s been 15 months since I last did it and was 1:29s slower. I think it felt better this time though, and I had to dodge junior soccer ( field was empty when I started, but they set up as soon as I started ).

Found Mike's article - this is good stuff. I'm already a fan of rucking. This is something I will definitely try.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom