all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Experiences with Shoulder Injuries

+1 to Crossover Symmetry or similar.

I've been doing this for 6 months or so and have now upgraded the band resistance to the point we're I'm beyond what they sell, but still getting great results.
Can you not attach more than one band together for more resistance?

Can you not attach more than one band together for more resistance?

I'm not quite following.

Do you mean hold 2 handles in each hand?

Attach the caribiner of one band to the handle of another to make a super long band? (that seems like you'd get the average of the two)

I'm not quite following.

Do you mean hold 2 handles in each hand?

Attach the caribiner of one band to the handle of another to make a super long band? (that seems like you'd get the average of the two)
PXL_20230303_234007091.MP.jpg
Mine are just cheap bands from Amazon. But attaching two (or more) bands to one handle.

Just reminded I need to finish the mudding on my drywall in the basement.

After 3 months still not feeling 100% and wary of doing pullups so had an Ultrasound done, revealed some small tears in tendons and inflamed bursa.

Was initially a bit horrified but very interesting response from Physio

"Nah ! Don't worry too much. Accumulated wear and tear probably aggravated by too many pullups last year, just start being a bit more sensible about how many pullups you do and better still don't do any for a while yet. Alternate deadhang days with Upsidedown Row days, dont press too heavy, always be aware and be careful of shoulder - if your gut feel is to avoid an exercise, then do not do it, trust gut feel. ............. 3 minutes deadhangs a day not 7............. Come back and see me in two months. ................ Have a play see what you think is safe and act accordingly, slow down a bit, accept that you got to be careful from now on and one day you will have to do your very last pullup ever, just get used to the idea...............

Last edited:
After 3 months still not feeling 100% and wary of doing pullups so had an Ultrasound done, revealed some small tears in tendons and inflamed bursa.

Was initially a bit horrified but very interesting response from Physio

"Nah ! Don't worry too much. Accumulated wear and tear probably aggravated by too many pullups last year, just start being a bit more sensible about how many pullups you do and better still don't do any for a while yet. Alternate deadhang days with Upsidedown Row days, dont press too heavy, always be aware and be careful of shoulder - if your gut feel is to avoid an exercise, then do not do it, trust gut feel. ............. 3 minutes deadhangs a day not 7............. Come back and see me in two months. ................ Have a play see what you think is safe and act accordingly, slow down a bit, accept that you got to be careful from now on and one day you will have to do your very last pullup ever, just get used to the idea...............

Is an upside down row the same thing as a bodyweight inverted row?

YES

Not the same muscles as a pullup, sometimes recommended as an exercise to assist getting a proper chest to bar pullup.

I've also seen it called Australian Pullup or Australian Pushup

LINK

YES

Not the same muscles as a pullup, sometimes recommended as an exercise to assist getting a proper chest to bar pullup.

LINK

Yep, I'm very familiar with them.

I especially like them on gymnastic rings.

My shoulder went from about 80% back to over 90%. Feeling good enough to do partial range KB presses over head. I did some test presses with my 16kg KB at the start of Week 7 and was able to press about 3/4 of the way without pain. By the end of Week 8, I feel I can press much closer to lockout.

This week, I started my latest training block, which is the 6-week Kettlebell STRONG! Foundation program. It includes double KB press.

I wasn't worried about not being able to press to full lockout, having benefitted in the past from partial range training.

My shoulder is still not up to brachial hanging, but it's healed enough to unlock a movement I haven't been able to do for a year - the KB halo/heavy club shield cast. With this unlock, I can now work the shoulder in a pain-free ROM it hasn't been in for a long time, facilitating more healing, improving mobility. Adding it to my Foundation warmup, starting next session.

Last edited:
YES

LINK
When I had a shoulder surgery, most of what I could do to train upper body (outside of rehab) was rows. When I finally got back to pullups I could do like 5 without much problem.

Back
Top Bottom