all posts post new thread

Old Forum Experiment with Swings

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Dan,

Swinging 48 kg 500 times is astounding.  Thanks for sharing that.  That inspires me to set higher goals for myself.  I will aspire to swing 32 kg 300 times by the end of the year, Which would be quite a bit of progress.  Guys like you setting such high standards helps guys like me to put goals into perspective.

As based from my "intervention" conversations with a student of mine: "If you build a good base through ding quality park bench workouts, you can pull off bus bench workouts when needed"

Exactly. I felt, at my prime, like I was only three weeks for my best effort. (Caveat: I "thought" that. I was convinced of it. It lacked truthiness, but I believed it). So, you do a lot of swings, some Pull Ups and Presses and keep your squat pattern. Then, something or someone gets you to ramp up for a while and you discover you are fine.

Mark, literally, that "is it." Your insight is perfect.

Well Dan, you've inspired me again.  Decided two weeks ago to try and add some swings every day after my regular workout.   Up to doing between 150-300 swings a day, 5 days a week.

My training this summer is for a trail run half marathon in early fall and for long hikes in the mountains.  So far I have noticed that I have put on 5 pounds, but my pants are looser at the same time.  Generally have issues with tight glutes and hips and they have all but disappeared.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom