all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Extremely tight side in QL stretch.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

MattBM

Level 1 Valued Member
My right side on the QL stretch is super tight. To the point where “relaxing” for long enough for an effective stretch is very hard. Left side I can touch my foot without rotating my torso much..

This is good in a way, I realize I have a serious mobility issue to work on, as I’m generally pretty bendy. (Can do a decent full bridge, skin the cat, have had a front splits in the past and can still get just a few inches away from the floor without consistently training it.)

Bad in a way because I feel like it’s gonna be a real chore… also, this is the same side I lost control of my bell and dropped it during the bridge portion of the get-up recently…. Related?

Any suggestions for something a bit less intense, or should I just keep practicing the QL straddle stretch til it eases up?

My right side on the QL stretch is super tight. To the point where “relaxing” for long enough for an effective stretch is very hard. Left side I can touch my foot without rotating my torso much..

This is good in a way, I realize I have a serious mobility issue to work on, as I’m generally pretty bendy. (Can do a decent full bridge, skin the cat, have had a front splits in the past and can still get just a few inches away from the floor without consistently training it.)

Bad in a way because I feel like it’s gonna be a real chore… also, this is the same side I lost control of my bell and dropped it during the bridge portion of the get-up recently…. Related?

Any suggestions for something a bit less intense, or should I just keep practicing the QL straddle stretch til it eases up?
Could be a bad activation of the muscles through your nerves. Google RPR (Reflexive Performance Reset) - you should find some videos how to reset yourself. Go through zone 1 in the mornings and before training. And then try again with the stretch. I hope this can help you!

I had this challenge with my right hip flexor.

It is now fixed. Here's how:

Consistency is key.
Stretch often.
Release muscle with trigger point work before.
Use 'releasing' breathing pattern: inhale through nose, exhale through mouth as slow as possible, relaxing more and more as you exhale.
Don't do anything else while you stretch. Even listening to podcast or whatever will increase tension and decrease attention.

That should do it

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom