all posts post new thread

Barbell Faleev's 80/20 Routine

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I have formatted the table Pavel made to work with our current forum software.

-S-

Regarding the three day a week plan, does anyone have any recommendations including one-arm swings (A+A) and heavy TGU's with this program?

I'm happy with what I'm doing right now, but will eventually transition to the three day template for this program once I plateau. I'm thinking the swings could go on the front end of one of the training sessions and the TGU's could replace the light bench.

Also, I completely understand that any additions are no longer "the program"... Just curious to see if there's a way to maintain Swing and TGU progress while on this program.

Thanks!
zcz8408

@zcz8408 It is hard program - I have been on it for few months, and all I did was lifting, eating, and sleeping.

Regarding the three day a week plan, does anyone have any recommendations including one-arm swings (A+A) and heavy TGU's with this program?

I'm happy with what I'm doing right now, but will eventually transition to the three day template for this program once I plateau. I'm thinking the swings could go on the front end of one of the training sessions and the TGU's could replace the light bench.

Also, I completely understand that any additions are no longer "the program"... Just curious to see if there's a way to maintain Swing and TGU progress while on this program.

Thanks!
zcz8408

1 or 2 handed swings would make a great finisher imo. I wouldn't do them on the front end/before the lifting though. Don't overdo it, start off with 3-5 sets of 10 or something and adjust as necessary.

Hello,

It is possible to go for swings the days one does not lift / lift heavy.

Kind regard,

Pet'

1 or 2 handed swings would make a great finisher imo. I wouldn't do them on the front end/before the lifting though. Don't overdo it, start off with 3-5 sets of 10 or something and adjust as necessary.
I'm doing swings before deadlifts some days - it's working fine for me, following an A+A/S&S model of never getting out of breath doing the swings: short sets, long rests.

-S-

Hi guys. Been doing the program for some time now and couple questions have been bothering me lately and i would appreciate some help with them.
1. The belt. I Dont use belt at all to strenghten my core which is my biggest weakness. Is this a good idea?
2. I had a hamstring accident and It prevents me doing a lot of volume on deads. Been doing dl day 5x3. Now it starts to feel that there isnt enough volume so should i stall the weights and just do 5x5 or add some other movementto help. (I think i know the obvious answer but want to be sure).
3. Most of the time in work i just sit so i tend to do lot of walking (around 18-25km a week). Is this a good thing to do or should i switch to hill sprints etc or drop all of them.
4. My grip and forearms are suffering from lack of work and they have started to ach from time to time. Any good assistance for this? My current 5x5 Numbers are sq 150kg, bb 115kg and dl 170kg. Ty for all the help!

Has anyone tried this with Military Press? I'm a bigger fan of Military Press but Pavel suggested in the past if memory serves me that the Press responds better to higher volume and frequency than the Bench Press. Maybe doing the program much as designed but swapping out 5x5 on Bench Press for 10 triples in Military Press and adding an additional light day for that lift might be a good idea butI am unsure of how best to program it to correlate most closely-Does anyone have an opinion on this (how to run this with Military instead of BP)?

Hi guys. Been doing the program for some time now and couple questions have been bothering me lately and i would appreciate some help with them.
1. The belt. I Dont use belt at all to strenghten my core which is my biggest weakness. Is this a good idea?
2. I had a hamstring accident and It prevents me doing a lot of volume on deads. Been doing dl day 5x3. Now it starts to feel that there isnt enough volume so should i stall the weights and just do 5x5 or add some other movementto help. (I think i know the obvious answer but want to be sure).
3. Most of the time in work i just sit so i tend to do lot of walking (around 18-25km a week). Is this a good thing to do or should i switch to hill sprints etc or drop all of them.
4. My grip and forearms are suffering from lack of work and they have started to ach from time to time. Any good assistance for this? My current 5x5 Numbers are sq 150kg, bb 115kg and dl 170kg. Ty for all the help!
1) Very good idea to do most training beltless on Squat and Dl. Obviously if you intend to compete using one you should definitely have practice doing so however if you do not intend to compete or are satisfied doing so beltless as well I would never wear on if I were you.
2) I have had an injury previously that caused me to have a problem with volume, frequency, and in fact repping DL at all. I could more or less only do singles as for instance when I had recovered my strength not insignificantly on the lift bringing it back up from (I could not even believe) under 400lbs to a half way decent 465lbs for five singles in thirty minutes pretty quickly I was still unable to rep more than 385lbs which was at that point a hard max triple and I couldn't do jack s*** if I did not rest a full week. I resolved this problem quite well by doing frequent 10 minute walks every day aside from the day before I would DL (doing them after DL on the work day when I would hit up DL at 5:00am after a coffee before starting my walks) and simple going for as heavy a rep set on DL as I could, keeping it to one set and running a simple 3- five rep double progressive setup on the DL every Monday. I started with 385 for a triple adding reps till I hit five adding weight and repeating and continued till I could hit 425 for a set of five at which point I was able to comfortably double 500lbs. I could train DL on both Monday and Thursday if I wanted after a couple months I found but went quickly back to hitting it up once weekly anyway as I thought it at best marginally helpful using a single set of 5, 4 3, or 2 reps in descending order changing the rep range every Monday and adding weight accordingly with 5 quite moderate back off doubles or triples (I did double for sets of 5 and 4 and triples for 3 and 2) and got back to my old PR of 550x2 doing so. Simple walking frequently is a great tool for recovery. My suggestion would be try a good bit of walking and repping the DL heavy for one set using one or both of the simple methods I suggest above.
3) Do shorter walks as I described above. Several ten minute walks daily is going to work a lot better than one 45 minute and a 1hr plus walk which may be counterproductive in comparison. Getting up and moving frequently throughout the day is better to balance with sitting all day than one long as walk and by far as well which in a way is kinda just more of the same thing ( obviously not quite/exactly). Go for a walk before work, After you get home, and before bed and make all three ten to fifteen minute walks. You can add a couple more walks between getting home and going to bed as well. This will serve both purposes tremendously better than going for one long walk.
4)Buy some grippers they frequently come between 100 lbs and 350lbs although harder ones are probably available. Toy casually with one providing moderately challenging resistance throughout the day and this should help. They are small (sort of like clips for holding weight on a barbell) and so you can probably fit them in your pocket and take them to work and f*** with them there periodically depending on your work situation I guess-It should help though..

Is using a medium grip BP acceptable or should I use a max legal grip for this program? I know max legal is common in Russian systems. Or does it not matter? Thanks!

Is using a medium grip BP acceptable or should I use a max legal grip for this program? I know max legal is common in Russian systems. Or does it not matter? Thanks!

Max legal grip is for competing athletes. If you don't compete, and want "just" to get stronger, feel free to choose the grip that suits your built most.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom